Luggage Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATA For Now!

There is a company out there that makes bags similar to Luggage Works/Purdy Neat. He goes to the new hire classes at AirTran. Anyone remember who they are and how the bags hold up?

I was thinking of buying a new one.....not that I'll be using it much soon!!

Thanks.

RV

I decided to try out the Strongbag as my PNT was on it's last legs. Good construction and all that but i have a couple gripes. It's slightly narrower than the PNT, to facilitate fitting it under the 737 j/s but the problem I have is when I've got my flight case on the hook it's a little unstable. The narrower wheel track means if I'm not careful when I go around a turn, my case topples over the side and its a huge PITA. Secondly, and this is more from memory, I don't have the figures to prove it, but I thought my PNT would fit wheels first in an Airbus overhead...my StrongBag does not. Again, not life and death, but a real pain when you're hunting for overhead space. Other people might disagree, but next time I'm going back to the PNT without a doubt.

I have the strongbag as well. I don't really have anything to compare it to since it's my first "heavy duty" rollaboard. The only complaint I have is the zipper handles. I seem to loose then left and right. I do also have the occasional "topple" accident when I'm in a hurry and have to take a tight turn.

Customer service is great though and will more than happily replace or fix or broken or lost part of the bag.

There is a company out there that makes bags similar to Luggage Works/Purdy Neat. He goes to the new hire classes at AirTran. Anyone remember who they are and how the bags hold up?

I was thinking of buying a new one.....not that I'll be using it much soon!!

Thanks.

RV

Go with Luggage Works.

I had one for 10 years with no complaints.

Now that I am with SWA I decided to "help a SWA brotha out" and went with Strongbags. I have been having problems since almost Day 1.

When my Strongbag finally dies I will be going back to Luggage Works.

I have had the same PNT bag for over ten years. I had it overhauled about 4 years ago and it'll be good for another four I think, maybe more if my career continues on its present downward spiral.

Lots of convenient side pockets for gerbils, lubricant, "educational" material," and I got the international size, which is big enough for one of those telescoping broom handle thingies that have a rubber fist on the end, so you can take it and, uh...well, never mind....

Avoid Strongbag. Well thought out design, poor execution in construction. You will be MEL'ing your zippers inside of two months. It is unstable with brain bag attached. It is barely able to fit under 737 jumpseat, and it sure can't fit sideways in a -700 overhead. Go with PNT, built like a tank.

Latest resources

Back