• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lufthansa Pilots Plan Four-Day Strike as of Feb. 22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahaha, alpa toe the line and support another group, they did a great job at nwa with the mechanics. Remember alpa is an assoc not a union, also alpa is about greed, I can see it now prater calling UA mec saying "don't support them we may get some flying out of this". Only people like rez believe we have a union, prater has, no alpa has no power. Rumor is rez likes little boys

That N word again! You're bringing an aura of negativity to an otherwise positve thread. Sam, what are your suggestions? As pilots in America we can learn from the strength of our stick partners across the ocean. You seem to know very well what won't work. Instead, I beg to hear your opinion of what you think might work. Is that how you fly? State the problem but can't advocate a solution?

One way or the other any pilot group on strike for the very reasons that's currently destroying our profession needs my support...and yours

Instead of trumping your usual BullSiht it would be a breath of fresh air if you were to encourage the ALPA people in the STAR Alliance to honor their picket line...
Hey..... how about this... why don't YOU do it as well....... it is after all your career....

The fact of the matter is... Americans will undercut and screw fellow Americans all to save a buck. They do it for the thrill of it.....

Currently Whirlpool is killing 1100 American jobs and moving the work to Mexico. This company is profitable. But hey.... we need our appliances cheap.....

Instead of trumping your usual BullSiht it would be a breath of fresh air if you were to encourage the ALPA people in the STAR Alliance to honor their picket line...

UAL ALPA already has this in place. To the best of my knowledge CO ALPA does as well.

Hey..... how about this... why don't YOU do it as well....... it is after all your career....

The fact of the matter is... Americans will undercut and screw fellow Americans all to save a buck. They do it for the thrill of it.....

Currently Whirlpool is killing 1100 American jobs and moving the work to Mexico. This company is profitable. But hey.... we need our appliances cheap.....
I certainly will but you keep undercutting that motive. Here is what we already know:

"The fact of the matter is... Americans will undercut and screw fellow Americans all to save a buck. They do it for the thrill of it..... Currently Whirlpool is killing 1100 American jobs and moving the work to Mexico. This company is profitable. But hey.... we need our appliances cheap."

Yes Rez! WE ALREADY KNOW THAT! Am I to believe that you are one of those same Americans who have giving up to the choas?

Compare your quote to this "Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile." Vince Lombardi

Outstanding~
Amazing the amount of pilot participation they had in the voting.
Great to see a pilot group that gets it. It's not only about the payscales and work rules... Scope is Life!

Be interesting to see what happens next week and in the future.

Let the Stand begin~

Good Luck Lufty Pilots
Horrido
motch

Yes it is, something that the majority of major airline pilots in this country are still too dumb to comprehend. Check this article out from another thread. The article is much longer but I cut it off after the paragraph that speaks volumes of our pathetic union and many of our pilots.

Continental Has Deadline for Pilot Contract

By Ted Reed 02/18/10 - 060 AM EST

Stock quotes in this article: CAL , UAUA , DAL , LCC , AMR
HOUSTON (TheStreet) -- Continental (CAL Quote) is negotiating a new pilot contract against a deadline, because regulators have given it until mid-January 2011 to implement a trans-Atlantic joint venture with three partners.

The carrier cannot implement the joint venture, or accompanying trans-Atlantic antitrust immunity, without the consent of its pilots, who are in contract talks. The existing pilot contract's scope clause says Continental cannot enter into a revenue-sharing agreement with a domestic carrier without its pilots' consent. In the joint venture, United(UAUA Quote) would be a Continental partner.

"There's a window of opportunity for Continental this year, and the pilot group controls that window right now," said Jay Pierce, chairman of the Continental chapter of the Air Line Pilots Association, in an interview. "It's a tremendous opportunity for everyone to benefit. They will get the scope relief they need and we will get out from under this concessionary contract that we have lived under since 2005."

Pilots still letting management play them like a fiddle apparently. Dangle a pay raise and some minor QOL issues in front of them and they cave like good little pilots. And the raises and QOL items that may be offered still wouldn't come close to getting 2001 earning power and QOL back.

Last edited:
You're mixing up Scope with Scope-

One scope deals with RJ flying and 70 seat jets. Something that we don't allow unlike what happened at UAL. And will not allow!

The other scope deals with the Joint Revenue Venture. The company needs our approval to do what we use to do with Delta and SkyTeam.

Always
motch

I certainly will but you keep undercutting that motive. Here is what we already know:

"The fact of the matter is... Americans will undercut and screw fellow Americans all to save a buck. They do it for the thrill of it..... Currently Whirlpool is killing 1100 American jobs and moving the work to Mexico. This company is profitable. But hey.... we need our appliances cheap."

Yes Rez! WE ALREADY KNOW THAT! Am I to believe that you are one of those same Americans who have giving up to the choas?

Compare your quote to this "Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile." Vince Lombardi
So are you are leader or are you waiting for one to come along?

Latest resources

Back