LR45 when its cold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Problow

For you guys operationg LR45's, when do you begin to worry about the water in the lav sink or toilet freezing? Meaning outside temps at night, and once this becomes a concern do you guys drain both systems after each flight when staying over night in that temp or lower?

I have heard the Russian's dump cheap Vodka down the toilet to prevent freezing.

Cheers,
Problow

dumping stuff into the LR45 bowl will not stop the reservoir side from freezing. The 45 doesn't re circulate fluid. It has a waste tank and a tank that supplies the flushing fluid. If there is no waste in the waste side (it's empty) that side will not freeze. You can buy toilet anti-freeze fluid from Clean flush to add when you service the toilet. Once, again this cannot be done from the bowl.

That's what we do on the 60. I'd like to find something different than the RV stuff we use. It stinks. We have tried different amounts and in my opinion it still stinks like antifreeze. How does the clean flush stuff smell?

That's what we do on the 60. I'd like to find something different than the RV stuff we use. It stinks. We have tried different amounts and in my opinion it still stinks like antifreeze. How does the clean flush stuff smell?

It doesn't smell and is clear.

LJ45

How do you fill up the 1.5 gallon water container for the sink?

Thanks

Sorry to keep hijacking the thread since I've never even looked in a 45. The container on the 60 for the sink requires pulling two circuit breakers (located under the sink) and disconnecting the quick connect on the water line.

Originally Posted by Problow
LJ45

How do you fill up the 1.5 gallon water container for the sink?

Thanks

Lift the arm rest on the left side (closest side to the sink) and you will find the tank hidden under there.

fisher - no problem. I flew 60 and it's nothing alike. thanks though

cbogacz - There is a bunch of crap piled up there. I will take a look at it. Thanks

You should see a rubber plug about 1 1/2 in diameter with a wire(s) coming out of it. Carefully pull the plug out and fill it with water taking care to not overfill.

I should have mentioned earlier that once you lift up on the armrest you will find/should find a life preserver, the tank is located under the life preserver.

Latest resources

Back