LR35 pay 135 VS. Corporate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

EMU

I remember corporate Salary averages (Pro Pilot) for a Lear 35 being 55k-90k. The average was around 72k.

Is there a big difference in 135 pay VS. Corporate?

After being laid off from a corporate gig, I have looked a a couple 135 operators that want to pay alot less than the corportate low. (36-45k). Is this out of line or the "going rate"?

I not trying to be greedy, but I don't want to be taken advantage of.

Thanks!

EMU
:confused:

In Houston the average Lear 25/35/55 Capt. pay is around $50K for charter operators (based on the 4 Lear operators that I know at HOU)

Is there a big difference in 135 pay VS. Corporate?

Yes.

Most of the places that are looking for 135 Lear pilots by advertisements, IMHO, are those kinds of openings that are not filled by word of mouth. The reason is that these jobs are not generally "snapped up" by friends or acquaintences.

They are low pay, slow on maintenance types with older equipment and few benefits. The operators have to go out and look for those pilots. I have been looking at that market closely, and I have seen what's out there. Some operators don't own the airplanes, and pass costs on to the owner, who has the plane on leaseback. They are the better 135 charter people that I have seen, but they still don't meet the pay and benefits of the corporate operator.

The corporate positions are far better, since they are not trying to make a buck with the airplane. Instead, it is a business expense to provide safe and efficient travel for company personnell. In this situation, the mindset is completely different.

And those corporate jobs are very hard to find, particularly if you do not fit into a "special" category of employee. Wink, wink.

This is a pleasant surprise.

When I last spoke with Craig, he told me that only the LR-60 positions would be filled from outside the company.

Is this post being made because the existing LR35 FO's are not being upgraded to captain?

Latest resources

Back