• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lr 35a

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't go through their Lear program, but I had no beef with Simcom's Citation Initial; half the price of FSI and the same temporary certificate at the end of the course.

You get the same type at the end of the course, but you definitely will get more out of going with flight safety or simuflight. Getting better system knowledge and better course material is worth paying the extra $$ and going with FS or Simuflight at least for initial. IMO

Better course material, definitely...but better systems knowledge? Having gone through a FSI initial less than 6 weeks ago, I can say I saw absolutely no improvement in systems knowledge or operational experience in the plane compared to my experience at Simcom. The coffee, however, was FAR superior at FSI...mmm Starbucks!

Obviously people have different experiences...but I can't say a good cup of coffee at the training center is worth 2x the cost.

I went through the LR-Jet initial at Simcom. I thought they did a great job in the sim. In the ground portion, however, I feel like all the instructors did was read out of the book, which really skipped around. It all depends on who you get to do your initial. I did my LR-60 initial at Bombardier/Simuflight and the difference was night and day as far as total quality of the program versus Simcom. I'm not knocking Simcom, I'm just saying that you definitely get what you pay for, in my opinion. I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on this. I'll be doing recurrent this year with both Simcom and Flight Safety.

I went through the LR-Jet initial at Simcom. I thought they did a great job in the sim. In the ground portion, however, I feel like all the instructors did was read out of the book, which really skipped around. It all depends on who you get to do your initial. I did my LR-60 initial at Bombardier/Simuflight and the difference was night and day as far as total quality of the program versus Simcom. I'm not knocking Simcom, I'm just saying that you definitely get what you pay for, in my opinion. I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on this. I'll be doing recurrent this year with both Simcom and Flight Safety.

Tyson....Your busted! (LOL)
See me for debrief....

Safety manager

Is it true that the Lear sim at SimCom is the same sim that was used in Miami at PanAm?

If it is the same one I feel for anyone who uses it unless they updated the firmware or whatever it has available to stop that 1 second delay in visual ques (as compared to the instruments)while executing a circling approach visually. You are better off keeping your eyeballs inside of that sim instead of outside!

Latest resources

Back