• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lowest time King Air PIC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did a contract gig on a Cheyenne with 350 total and a hour of cockpit style ground from the full time guy they had. He was my instructor through my ratings and I can say the thing that stands out is how STUPID it was. Although we had no problems and it was a simple day trip I was mentally still in the FBO when I was climbing through 10k feet. Talk to insurance guy, go to school, and have fun the 90 is a great aircraft.

500 hours in a 12 month period flying a Baron part 91 isn't beyond the realm of possibility at all...and the fact the company is looking to upgrade to a C90 (which is faster than the Baron) lends credence to the fact they realize their current airplane isn't suited for their mission and/or tempo.

Flying 500 hours in any airplane during a 12 month period is not unusual. I know a few 121 pilots that fly around 800.

Even if it's a C152, 250 hours only means you didn't go as far. Time is time. 1 hour in a jet equals the same 1 hour in a baron.

That premium seems quite reasonable to me, and I'm actually kind of surprised they don't want more than 15 hours of dual. Hell, my insurance company initially wanted 25 hours dual when I transitioned to the CJ2+ despite being typed and having 400+ hours in the Citation II!

That probably had to do with the avionics. Insurance companies know that transition to all glass from analog mechanical gauges can be difficult. Ask someone who goes from Lear 25 to a GIV/V.

Avionics are great, but the newer systems can have a steep learning curve.

That probably had to do with the avionics. Insurance companies know that transition to all glass from analog mechanical gauges can be difficult. Ask someone who goes from Lear 25 to a GIV/V.

Avionics are great, but the newer systems can have a steep learning curve.

I understand that, but I had 1300+ hours of PL4 time...and PL21 ain't THAT much different than PL4 when it comes to the user interface. Especially for younger guys like myself who have grown up around computers, avionics aren't difficult to learn.

Probably why that 25 hours got reduced down to 5 hours...

I understand that, but I had 1300+ hours of PL4 time...and PL21 ain't THAT much different than PL4 when it comes to the user interface. Especially for younger guys like myself who have grown up around computers, avionics aren't difficult to learn.

Probably why that 25 hours got reduced down to 5 hours...

True true. Actually PL21 is pretty straight forward (I think) Some of the more advanced avionics that are intergrated with the aircraft and vice versa can be fun. It's strange to think that you can of course fly any aircraft without programming a FMC, but that many of them now adays wont even have the AHRS come up if you dont do POS INT, or in some cases align IRUs.

Anyway, didn't mean to take this off topic. Back to the King Air / Insurance discussion....

Latest resources

Back