Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Anyone have info on the Lowe's operation out of N. Wilkesboro? I read the Pro Pilot issue last Summer on them but I was curious what's up more recently. Any ideas? Also, does being a Lowe's employee (part-time retail) carry any weight once I meet mins? Does being local carry any weight once I have the times?

Minh - Aspiring Corporate Geek

Hey Skacum, I also read that article last summer, don't think they are planning on doing anything just yet. However, I did hear a rumor about the flight dept. moving to statesville.

By the way I guess you're in N. wilkes (I am too), what are you doing flying wise? send me pvt msg., maybe we can be of help to each other.

Thanks Dog, but I'm just another mid-life career change wannabe who's still WAY too early in the process to be much help to anyone. If 9/11 hadn't happened ... I had a part-time CFII gig that would've started January this year (optimistically assuming that I passed the ride) and would've been flying the bosses around semi-regularly in a rental Seneca. As it is ... I'm lucky to get an hour in a rat Skyhawk (huge paycuts and layoffs in the office).

That said however, I figure it's never too early to start planning and when movement starts up again I wanna have all my ducks in a row. From the beginning, I never aspired to an airline job and so I took a part-time job at a local FBO last Summer just for the networking possibilities. It's my understanding that's how many corporate positions are sniffed out. I'm looking at a second job right now just to get back in the air and to get current (I need the $$$) and I thought if being an employee already may carry any weight with Lowe's that's where I'd start. I'm sure I'm being overly optimistic ... but I know from experience in other fields that dogged determination and meticulous planning will go a long way.

Minh Thong
(The 'h' is silent)

Latest resources

Back