• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

low time pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
thanks for the info.. I wasn't meaning stuck in a bad way.. kinda reads wrong I guess.. I was trying to say, if you do that SIC prgram, are you are responsible to stay after that for one year? If it is a legal way to build your time, you couldn't just build up your total time and multi and then head to a regional if that is what someone wanted to do?

They got to cover costs, pilot training is expensive, you have to expect a reasonalbe return.

I worked at Airnet and flew one of the highest time runs. Most of the time I had SIC's flying with me and we would fly 8-9 hours a day 5 days a week. It didn't take long to rack up the time for a PIC slot. Also, if your concern is whether it is a legitimate program, let me tell you it is very legit and Airnet is a very reputable company. I'd put your stuff in. Craig Washka is the man who does hiring and he likes people who really are eager and want to be there. Good luck!

CM

you will have to sign a training contract that becomes effective after you become a PIC. The planes are very well maintained (when you interview they will show you the huge parts inventory). Expect to make no less than 24,000 a year. As an SIC you will push 100 hours a month of Baron time, probably in MKE or BHM.

Tow some banners

I would suggest a season towing some banners. You will make substantially more than the guys in the regionals. At least with a few companies out there. You will build fast hours and learn some valuable lessons. Flying low and slow over beaches keeps you on your toes. And its a great way to see the country.

They got to cover costs, pilot training is expensive, you have to expect a reasonalbe return.

That's the biggest lie in the industry. Pilot training is not expensive in a piston single, nor a light twin. Heck, even most training in a jet is usually cheaper than a company car like thousands of non-aviation companies provide their employees free of charge.

Airnet might spend $2000 of it's money training you, probably less. Only in aviation will you find companies that don't want to pay for the required training of their employees.

Don't give us that excuse. Aviation management is notoriously bad throughout the industry. If you can find a good company with good management, stay there. It's a goddamn epidemic.

That's the biggest lie in the industry. Pilot training is not expensive in a piston single, nor a light twin. Heck, even most training in a jet is usually cheaper than a company car like thousands of non-aviation companies provide their employees free of charge.

Airnet might spend $2000 of it's money training you, probably less. Only in aviation will you find companies that don't want to pay for the required training of their employees.

Don't give us that excuse. Aviation management is notoriously bad throughout the industry. If you can find a good company with good management, stay there. It's a goddamn epidemic.

It's called greed!! It's whats killing our once great nation. I would hate to be in the trucking industry right now! Dam Illegal Immigrants & Mexican Trucking Co's..... They infiltrating the docks also.

Latest resources

Back