Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Low time pilot looking for bush pilot job.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

veedubpilot

Hey guys,
Just signed up and am looking for and low time bush pilot jobs. I just got my commercial and have a little over 300 hrs. with around 70 x-c hrs. Any help would be much appricated. Thank You.

I know you don't want to hear it, BUT, you need to get your CFI and instruct, or haul banners, you just can't get a real job with that kind of time. Trust me I've been there.

there is some Alaska outfit that doesnt exactly do bush pilot type stuff but is a good way to get your feet wet with the weather and whatnot in that region.....LAB Flying Services if I remember right. I think you need like 700 hours or something rediculously low like that.

As far as I know LAB still requires part 135 mins.

Only heard bad things about them.

Almerick07 said:
there is some Alaska outfit that doesnt exactly do bush pilot type stuff but is a good way to get your feet wet with the weather and whatnot in that region.....LAB Flying Services if I remember right. I think you need like 700 hours or something rediculously low like that.

Lab is VFR 135, but I think the insurance is requiring 700tt these days if not more. They have had many accidents in the past 10 years, but that comes with the type of flying they do. Its very much a entry level job and you'll be a peeon till the day you leave.

Try Grant, out of Bethel. They hire low time guys year 'round. L.A.B. too out of Juneau, funnest flying I've ever done. 500' and 2SM, yeah right!
icon6.gif

Are you guys kidding? He should have no problem being a bushie... It's quite simple really. Just go out and buy a Super Cub, slap on some tundra tires, and viola', you is one!

unarmed danger said:
Are you guys kidding? He should have no problem being a bushie... It's quite simple really. Just go out and buy a Super Cub, slap on some tundra tires, and viola', you is one!

HORSE HOCKEY!
Playing bush pilot is a good way to get killed. That is why they call it the the third most dangerous job in America.
I have seen way too many young pilots get a float rating and a super cub and then their egos write checks their bodies and experience can not cash. Get more experience before you try that. Don't be in too big a hurry to get beyond the entry level jobs. Get some good experience under your belt and put some things into your bag of tricks. Bush flying may sound fun and exciting. But it is mostly long hours and hard work. And if it gets exciting, you did it wrong.

MPflies2,

The essence of this board, for the most part, is anonymity. If this is the guy, you just blew it for him... May wanna edit your post, as you're not supposed to use names without their permission...

heres a thought.....

why dont you quit crying for a job at such a low time and get a cfi and instruct. youll learn more in your first 200 hours od dual given than you did you 300TT

Latest resources

Back