Low Time Pilot Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

champilot38

It seems like the only options for low time guys are the CFI route or towing banners. Anyone know of any others? Or any info on banner outfits. I got my Commercial ticket last week and want to find something soon.

Thanks,
Chris

Low Time

Aerial Mapping is the way to go if you don't want to CFI. I got hired with 350hrs. and now have over 700hrs and counting. If you look hard enough something will come your way.
Don't listen to anyone who bashes you for not wanting to CFI. 9 times out of 10, they have no life!
P.M. me if you need details!!!!!!

Aerial Mapping is the way to go if you don't want to CFI. I got hired with 350hrs. and now have over 700hrs and counting. If you look hard enough something will come your way.
Don't listen to anyone who bashes you for not wanting to CFI. 9 times out of 10, they have no life!
P.M. me if you need details!!!!!!

take it from someone who instructed for 3.5 years, no one in their right mind would do it if they had a way out.

i saw recently that kitty hawk had some cessna sightseeing gigs. not sure of the time requirement.

Yea I flew jumpers for 5 years/1500 hours, it was good hard earned time. It especially taught me how to beet airplane safety and maintenance into the heads of the drop zone owners! PLZ be safe at this stuff and improve the reputation, I certainly did.

The first 500 hrs is the hardest to get. If you can get the first 500, there are canyon jobs that'll pick you up then, flying tourists over the Grand Canyon. Great fun.

Ronin

I flew Traffic Watch in NYC at 500tt... It sucked being in a 172, flying circles under JFK's final, looking at car accidents on the L.I.E,, but you'll build time pretty fast.

The first 500 hrs is the hardest to get. If you can get the first 500, there are canyon jobs that'll pick you up then, flying tourists over the Grand Canyon. Great fun.

Ronin
Your profile looks like you flew for a little operator out of HND, am I correct? Like you said 500 hours, they're not too picky. It looks like a great time to get in for a quick upgrade to C402 captain. There's a good traffic watch operator out of HND too, kinda high mins though (700 hours).

hey dude

my first gig out of school was flying skydivers. i got most of my king air time that way. we flew C182 and C172 as well. you fly your butt off if youre at a good one, i was at a small one in florida for 3 mos, racked up like 400 hours. youll have days flying from sun up to sun down. also teaches you how to fly at max gross on hot summer days. that can pay off down the road. a lot of them have crew quarters on the drop zone. look in florida and arizona (yuma is huge) but there are places all over. traffic watch is out there. the thing is you have to be ready, willing and able to move where ever you need to go to get it. i packed up everything i could shove in my old 87 maxima and trucked half way across the country for a job that was only going to last 3 months. you just gotta go. get your CFI. theres nothing wrong with that. you can crank out a lot of hours. and, i think it helps you become a better pilot.

part of this is "paying your dues" i know it can suck at times, but most of us arent crapping money so we have to earn it, youll appreciate it more down the road that you worked your butt off for this, believe me. dont let anyone tell you to quit and go do something else. hang in there, and git r dun!

any time you want to chat, feel free to PM me.

RF

just saw a job for pipeline patrol. flying 5 hours a day. its in texas. get on the jobs boards. there usually something that pops up/

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back