Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flynetjets

Entry level pilot position with a Florida based Corporation

The corporate flight department will be based in Tampa Florida. The corporation has been in business since 1952, and recently has seen a need to purchase their first aircraft and create a corporate flight department. The initial aircraft that will be used is a 1978 Turbo T-Tail Lance with Air Conditioning. They will be spending almost $25,000 dollars in brining the aircraft’s avionics up to modern day standards, this will include full satellite downloadable weather including Nexrad Weather radar, lightening data, METAR, TAF”s, etc..

Duties will include maintaining the aircraft hanger in a professional manner (making sure it is clean), insuring the aircraft is ready (from an operational standpoint) for day of flight, arranging necessary arrangement for the flight (hotels, car rental, etc.), providing safe transportation mainly around the southeast to the CEO his principles and his family, wiping down the aircraft after flight and some ancillary duties. The aircraft will be managed by a third party so other duties besides flying should be kept to a minimum. However, some duties requested by the CEO should be expected.

Expect to fly between 300 and 500 hours per year, and within the next 15-24 months the company might upgrade to a large cabin class twin. However this is not certain and the applicants should not base their decision to apply based on this fact.

Qualifications:

Commercial Instrument
CFI or CFII Preferred
Please include amount of retract time
Please include types of High Performance aircraft flown, especially those aircraft which are turbocharged.

Salary:

$20,000 Per Year starting
Moving Expenses are negotiable
Company provided cell phone which can be used as a personal cell phone
Uniform allowance
Company Provided Medical Insurance

Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected]

There is nothing worse than a "CEO" who has enough intellegence to run a corporation, but when it come to his safety all common sense goes right out the window.

Buying a turbo Lance to dodge thunderstorms in Florida, with a 1000 hour pilot at the helm, getting paid garbage wages equates to pure stupidity. Either that or the family that you want to fly around the Southeast doesn't mean much to you!

Get your priorities straight and get yourself a real aircraft and a pilot with real experience.

There is nothing worse than a "CEO" who has enough intellegence to run a corporation, but when it come to his safety all common sense goes right out the window.

Buying a turbo Lance to dodge thunderstorms in Florida, with a 1000 hour pilot at the helm, getting paid garbage wages equates to pure stupidity. Either that or the family that you want to fly around the Southeast doesn't mean much to you!

Get your priorities straight and get yourself a real aircraft and a pilot with real experience.

I don't think 20k a year will even get him a 1,000 hour pilot!

Twenty grand for flying five hundred hours a year. Interesting. Hopefully someone found whomever put that ad out, and smacked them upside the head. Come off it.

Over the years, I've found light airplanes generally demand three hours of time for each hour flown, and in this case additional duties are required, so plan on at least the stated flight time, times four. That's two thousand hours of work over the year, which amounts to ten bucks an hour. Less than flight instructing.

Twenty five thousand to upgrade...a new paint job costs more than that. Don't banty that number around as something impressive...a lot of radios cost more than that. Bring the airplane up to modern standars means that it was substandard, and a minimum amount of cash was spent to bring it to what someone calls an acceptable level. considering the salary, a prospective employee can see right off the bat that it's a bare budget, by-the-skin-of-your-teeth operation.

Sad days.

Salary:

$20,000 Per Year starting
Moving Expenses are negotiable
Company provided cell phone which can be used as a personal cell phone
Uniform allowance
Company Provided Medical Insurance

Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That cell phone will come in handy for calling mommy and daddy to tell them to send more money. Hmmmm, fly a crap box lance around with an odd ball TIO-541 engine in it, or go to the crappiest of regionals and make the same money. :rolleyes:

The good news is that you can put 'janitor' down in the job skills lists after a gig like this.

This company is a joke.....anyone willing to sweep floors, book hotel rooms and rental cars, on top of operating a safe "flight department" (if you can even call it that) for the pathetic wages they are offering should be ashamed of themselves. I guarantee this company has receptionists making almost equal compensation and they aren't responsible for "safe transportation mainly around the southeast to the CEO his principles and his family"...

And let me get this straight, they want this poor schlep to wear a uniform to fly a friggn' Piper Lance? I hope the uniform is a clown suit because it certainly is the only appropriate attire for the a-hole who would even think about this P.O.S. job.

Oh, and to the pimp called "Flynetjets", there is more money in the flesh trade business than in whoring out pilots, so you may want to give that a shot.

5 years ago, hell 3 years ago there would have been a line out the door for this job.

Today...you might...emphasis on might...find a pilot willing to do this job. However, they'll have to have some special circumstances like a DUI, accident, violation or just an overwhelming need to live in Florida.

Bottom line, you'll need to pay more to find someone to manage the aircraft, even if it is just a single engine aircraft. Keep in mind, most young pilots do not see this as the kind of job that can further their career. You'll probably be looking for a long time flight instructor that is half retired that would be willing to fly your aircraft and he/she will probably be local. I doubt too many people would move for this position.

I'm not trying to put you down, but as the Chief Pilot of a small flight department (i.e. me and the airplane...hehe, hey if they want to call me Chief, I'll stick it on my resume) I would suggest bumping the pay a little.

Where's this poor pilot going to live in Florida on $20,000 a year? In a pup tent on the beach? From one chief pilot to another, you seriously need to raise the pay to something REALISTIC. $1600 and some change a month is a joke, even for a Lance seat.

Where's this poor pilot going to live in Florida on $20,000 a year? In a pup tent on the beach? From one chief pilot to another, you seriously need to raise the pay to something REALISTIC. $1600 and some change a month is a joke, even for a Lance seat.

Would $1600 a month even pay for housing, utilities, and auto insurance in FL? Sleeping in a tent on the beech you may get arrested for being a transient.

Would $1600 a month even pay for housing, utilities, and auto insurance in FL? Sleeping in a tent on the beech you may get arrested for being a transient.
Yes, you could survive on that... barely...

CFI'ing pays more and you can build hours faster.

Latest resources

Back