• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lost medical then job. Need input.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have used pilotedicalsolutions.com to help me get a medical. they're worth every penny. If you feel like you're fully recovered and can obtain your First class medical then I suggest you don't wait another minute. Good Luck

I had and uncle that dealt with the same crap. What takes a normal person 10 minutes to do it will take the FAA about a year. Took my uncle a full year to get it back, and that's after writing a letter to a congressman, walking the stuff straight into the FAA office in OKC, and making several visits. They will take forever, but you CAN get it back. My uncle got his back after having a triple bypass. :) Good luck!

Pilot Doc said:
Try,

http://www.aviationmedicine.com/

or

http://www.leftseat.com/

David Hale, the doc who runs leftseat.com, helped me arrange a medical school elective rotation with Guy Baldwin. Guy is an AME in Tulsa who works with them a good bit. He's something like the 3rd busiest AME in the US and knows most if not all of the FAA docs. Guy is an avid pilot (I got to ride in his T6 and Extra 300) who wants to get people back in the air and knows how to negotiate the system. I spent two weeks watching him work, and he would be the person I would use for any complicated medical issue.

His website is [URL="http://www.acrodoc.com"]www.acrodoc.com[/URL]

I second the vote for Guy Baldwin. I still go to him to this day and haven't lived in Tulsa for quite awhile. He is just flat out damned good and if anyone can help you I know he can...

Good call.

LegacyDriver said:
I second the vote for Guy Baldwin. I still go to him to this day and haven't lived in Tulsa for quite awhile. He is just flat out danged good and if anyone can help you I know he can...

Good call.

Thanks to all who have responded. As of yesterday Friday, April 22, 2006 the FAA has still kept me grounded. I have spoken with a local aviation attorney who has dispensed some advice that I will be heeding. Monday I am going to call the regional FAA office, who are the ones overseeing my case and will ask to speak directly with the flight surgeon who is the one making the call. I have followed up on some of the leads that were offered on this website and they do sound encouraging, but with out a medical it is hard to ask for a job since I am still grounded. Hemispheres

Follow up to my earlier post. Just received the mail today in which a letter from the FAA was addressed to me. I have been waiting almost two months for this letter. I have been cleared to return to flying status and my medical certificate has been established. Thanks to those who have offered email support and suggestions. Now I need to follow up with increased focus on researching the Citation 560xl jobs. To any Citation Share pilots I would like to visit with you (pM) on employment opportunities with your company.Again thanks to all. Hemispheres.

I feel your pain, brother!

I had a heart attack at 40 and lost my medical for nine months...that was in '04. Then my company shut down and I just got on with NetJets in April. I made it and so will you. I think CS would work for you if you don't want to commute but don't count out NJ.

One of lifes little speed bumps!

Blue Skies

Most effective

Congrads on getting your medical back. You have certainly survived a nightmare none of us want to have to deal with, but a reality nonetheless. For many years watching this board, I have never seen a group of strangers come together and help a fellow pilot out like you all have. I feel this was the true intention of this aviation board. Everyone be safe and stay healthy.

Hemispheres said:
I have experienced two major setbacks in the last couple of weeks and looking for input.
March 1, 2006 I sustained a head injury .

I am mostly impressed with the FAA on this one. I dont think any government agency moves that fast. March 1, 2006 - April 22, 2006. Congrats. Now go get a job you bum.

The Bum's reply as he writes this with a grin on his face after reading skiandsurfs response. With all candor I appreciate the leads that have been generated on this board. There are more options across the country for Excel pilots then I imagined. Hemi.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back