Lost hope..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dsee8driver

A week and a half ago I travelled to Toledo to start a sequence. At the gate in O'Hare I saw another crew member boarding my same flight to TOL. The airline will remain nameless. After arrival in Toledo, I went to the restroom downstairs on my way to the baggage claim area. As I exited the restroom this crew member was going in. I walked to the baggage claim area and realized I had dropped my leather jacket somewhere back between the baggage claim and the restroom. I hustled back to the restroom and asked someone if they had seen anyone pick up a leather jacket. I was told by a limo driver (They have a seating area by the exit) that a crew member in uniform was asking if anyone had lost a jacket.
Lo' and behold this "crew member" never turned the jacket in to anyone and kept it. It clearly had my name, id number and company name engraved on the inside and it also had my company id on the pocket.

Needless to say the bastard needed a leather coat more then me. I have found many valuables at airports including cell phone and pagers and even a bracelet a year or so ago and turned everyone of them in. But what bothered me was that the person was actually a crew member from witnesses that saw him in uniform asking if anyone had lost a jacket.

Ds

Are you able to identify the airline for whom he works? If so, I suggest you contact the Director of Safety and Security of his airline, your airline and the FAA to notify them an unauthorized person is in possession of your company issued CREW ID(also mention the jacket.)

The next 9/11 is likely going to involve real but stolen ID cards and pilot uniforms. A couple of summers ago my ID card was removed from the dresser in my hotel room at the Embassy Suites South at DFW while I was at lunch. I made a big stink with hotel management(my room was cleaned in the hour I was gone) but they were no help and denied having a theft problem. One of our FA's had her passport stolen from her bag the day before in the same hotel.

I raised holy hell, called the police and they sent a cop out who interviewed cleaning personnel and management. I lost a day off waiting for the company to overnight me a new ID so I could jumpseat home.

Three days later, another one of our FA's found my ID laying on the seat of the hotel van on the way to the airport. Several hundred people must have sat on that ID the previous 3 days. More likely, getting the police involved put the fear of getting caught in the thief.

I'm sorry some sad SOB stole your jacket. I hope you get it back. You have to make it happen though.

There is a chance that this "crewmember" didn't check the pockets, liner, etc., and someone could easily say "oh yeah, that's mine, thanks." You never know and how credible is the limo driver whom you don't know? On average, I'd say less so then a fellow pilot.

Latest resources

Back