Lost certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

9GClub

I've been sifting through the '06 FARs and the FAA website but I can't find the answer to this question..... I lost my [current & otherwise valid] student pilot certificate/class III medical-- can I fly with a CFI until I get a replacement from the FAA or do I need to have it in my physical possession even when flying with an instructor (i.e. non-solo)? Thanks in advance......

9GClub said:
I've been sifting through the '06 FARs and the FAA website but I can't find the answer to this question..... I lost my [current & otherwise valid] student pilot certificate/class III medical-- can I fly with a CFI until I get a replacement from the FAA or do I need to have it in my physical possession even when flying with an instructor (i.e. non-solo)? Thanks in advance......

I would say, Only when Solo!!!

Fly to your heart's content with your instructor next to you. Come time to solo, though, and you better have your certificate with you....You can get a temporary medical certificate faxed from the FAA, and maybe even the student pilot part. The quickest way to get the student pilot certificate back is to find a Designated Examiner somewhere and have him issue it......

Latest resources

Back