• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Loss of license insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Read the fine print on the policies- many are based on the social security definition of disabled and not really just loss of license. This means you only get paid if you can't do ANY kind of work- not just not able to be a pilot. Let us know if you find anything reasonable- I've looked and haven't found anything that I felt was worth the price of coverage.

ALPA LOL insurance is paid tax free(in my case, I opted for $4200.00 a month) should you lose your medical and or license and cannot perform the duties of a pilot. This is in addition to your company's LTD plan. The company sponsored LTD plan is taxed however. If it is done properly, your LTD plus LOL should pay you at least 90 percent of your lost income until you either reach retirement age or are able to return to the cockpit.

Are you sure the ALPA LOL policy is effective that long??? It's been a while since I dusted off and read the fine print.

Are you sure the ALPA LOL policy is effective that long??? It's been a while since I dusted off and read the fine print.

Actually, I'm not exactly sure how long the LOL pays out. I would assume it is at least 15 years or to retirement age but I will check it out...

I could be wrong, but I believe the ALPA LOL is good for 3 years if you get the monthly option. They also offer a lump sum option (I have both)

Latest resources

Back