• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Losing it's Luster

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how come these pilot shortage stories are always written by some university or company (UND, ERAU, air Inc ect. ) that has a stake or makes its $$ off training pilots?

I'd be willing to bet all the money in my savings that you'll never see a study by ERAU saying there are too many commercial pilots out in the system.

just like you will never see Pepsi or Coke promoting clean tap water or public drinking fountains.

Last edited:
Never a pilot shortage

how come these pilot shortage stories are always written by some university or company (UND, ERAU, air Inc ect. ) ........
As Avbug says there is never a pilot shortage, however as pilotyip says there are experience shortages which happens during hiring booms. Next one coming in 2012, it is already starting

Please dont compare us to dr's. And drs do graduate and learn/ practice at a teaching hospital during their residency--- much like the captain should takeover when the fo gets into something above his head- the chief resident does the same-- ever watch ER?

Drs to pilots? Really? How many drs have been furloughed?
How many pilots have had their student loans paid for working in certain areas of the cointry?
How many pilots work with college educated and equally demanded coworkers such as nurses.
If u had the opportunity and capability, and u could do it all over which would u rather become a pilot or dr? I rest my case

As Avbug says there is never a pilot shortage, however as pilotyip says there are experience shortages which happens during hiring booms. Next one coming in 2012, it is already starting

How is it already starting? Jetblue got 1800 applications in a few days. All well qualified pilots.

How is it already starting? Jetblue got 1800 applications in a few days. All well qualified pilots.
That is the way it starts, hiring start, pilot start moving, pretty when these pilot leave their jobs, that leaves a job open for someone. We have had 4 pilots take other jobs so far this year, which means we are hiring. Just watch this is how it starts

Did you just speak of yourself in third person............um....ok then.

Two points....

Pilots who call themselves professionals are for certain ready to claim the benefits, yet seem to be lacking any effort to take the required responsibility.

We don't know how to value something without putting a price on it. Therefore, flight safety and professionalism are commodified....

I'm ready to do what it takes to get it back.

Please contact me when the rest of you figure it out.

Regards,

Latest resources

Back