LOR useage....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fisch22

OK, I feel kinda silly but I have to admit ignorance, do you send in your LORs with your resume, or take them with you to the interview or mention them in your cover letter?

B

LORs

It depends. I probably would not include them with a resume. They could get lost. I might include letters if they are from extremely high-powered big cheeses in the company. And, even then, I'd think about it carefully because they may antagonize some low-level H.R. moron who thinks you're trying to circumvent him/her. Unless, the big cheese instructs you to include the letter.

The first step is getting the interview. At that point you can surmise that the place has at least a lukewarm interest in you. So, most definitely, you should bring the letters. Also bring an updated resume. Bring copies of the letters; you most certainly don't want to fork up any originals unless you have duplicate originals.

I would suggest that if you received an app that you should include copies of the letters and make sure they are affixed prominently on the form so they aren't separated from the application. If someone in the company has given you an app, be sure you have a letter from him/her. I would staple it on top of the app as a sort of letter of introduction. Even so, read the application's instructions carefully. If it says not to include LORs, do not include them. A pilot application is a form of written exam, to see if you can follow directions.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your job search.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back