• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

This is why (from a poster on ***************.com):

Quote:
  • Emirates Airlines – has 193 new aircraft on order, more than its current fleet of 115. Current average fleet age is just 5 years.
  • Qatar Airways – has 145 new aircraft on order. It currently has a fleet of 61 aircraft, with an average age of 4 years.
  • Singapore Airlines – has 82 new aircraft on order. Its existing fleet of 97 aircraft has an average age of 6 years.
  • China – more than 800 new aircraft are scheduled for delivery to various airlines by 2016.
How many pilots does China need, by itself, to crew 100 airplanes per year for the next 8 years???

cliff
YIP

No shortage of pilots, just a shortage of acceptable jobs pilots are willing to take (and good for them)!!!

There is no pilot shortage. There never was. There will not be a pilot shortage.

Your statement is too general. There is a shortage when it comes to regionals, pt 135, foreign etc. The evidence is there. Why else would regionals lower their minimums?

Yes, there are plenty of folks that would sell their own mother to get a job at Purple, Brown, SWA etc. I do believe, however, that a shortage exists in some of the industry.

No, there's no shortage of pilots willing to prostitute themselves. The previous poster to you was correct; there is a shortage of pilots who hold themselves as professionals to a slightly higher standard.

Why would the regionals lower their standards? Their standards were never that high to begin with, but the regional has always been an entry level job, and with the wages paid, it's the only way they can get folks willing to whore themselves out. Experienced pilots just won't put up with it...and fortunately haven't had to.

It's been a pilots market for a while...but not because there's any shortage. Just a demand...which is easily filled, and is frequently filled. That's changing. The pendulum has begun to swing, and those living in the dream world that they can waltz into their first jet job so easily may soon be in for a rude awakening, once again.

No, there's no shortage. Not in the least. There never was.

Hi!

This is why (from a poster on ***************.com):

Quote:
  • Emirates Airlines – has 193 new aircraft on order, more than its current fleet of 115. Current average fleet age is just 5 years.
  • Qatar Airways – has 145 new aircraft on order. It currently has a fleet of 61 aircraft, with an average age of 4 years.
  • Singapore Airlines – has 82 new aircraft on order. Its existing fleet of 97 aircraft has an average age of 6 years.
  • China – more than 800 new aircraft are scheduled for delivery to various airlines by 2016.
How many pilots does China need, by itself, to crew 100 airplanes per year for the next 8 years???

cliff
YIP

Qatar Airways, I was a Piece of self loading Freight with them about a month ago dam great coach service Doha to Washington. An airline model that others need to follow...

Interview?

Qatar Airways, I was a Piece of self loading Freight with them about a month ago dam great coach service Doha to Washington. An airline model that others need to follow...
So how did the interview go at Qatar? BTW I think the shortage is slowing down, the number of resumes coming to me has gone up over 300% in the last month. Musch better qualification that seem one year ago. Looks like one of the best kept secrets in the flying world is starting to be leaked. That USA Jet might now be all that bad a place to work, if you like living in Detroit in the winter.

Last edited:
Looks like one of the best kept secrets in the flying world is starting to be leaked. That USA Jet might now be all that bad a place to work, if you like living in Detroit in the winter.

pilotyip if you really believe this, you are crazy! the only reason you're getting resumes is because 3000 pilots just lost their job. see you at the tavern. i'll actually be at johnnys grill. at least some hot girls work there.

Why would the regionals lower their standards? Their standards were never that high to begin with, but the regional has always been an entry level job, and with the wages paid, it's the only way they can get folks willing to whore themselves out. Experienced pilots just won't put up with it...and fortunately haven't had to...................................

.......... No, there's no shortage. Not in the least. There never was.
I had my bourbon goggles on and was trying start a debate.:0

You're right.

Expensive Beer

pilotyip if you really believe this, you are crazy! the only reason you're getting resumes is because 3000 pilots just lost their job. see you at the tavern. i'll actually be at johnnys grill. at least some hot girls work there.
It was kinda of a joke, Detroit, winter, who would like that? Of course I am getting more resumes because of the changes inthe job market. BTW Beer costs too much at Johnny's, the "Wedge" (Lakeview Travern) is my watering hole. Now I do go to Johnny's in the summer cause mom likes sittin my the water.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back