• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like SKW doesn't want to park 50 seaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
your scenario does not fit into the 2015 time frame for the Delta pilot contract. They have to be down to 125 50 seat aircraft by 2015 (end?)

Wrong the minimum seats is 78 and the weight is what is key. It's heavier than deltas scope allows I believe. I'll eat my own words if I'm wrong. And that's the small version of it, Skywest's letter of intent was for both airplanes.

And the CRJ900 seats 88... I don't get what the point is..

I think it's quite simple now that I think of it. Delta will trade in all of pinnacle and comairs 200s because delta owns them. Do you think delta signed this deal so Skywest could get out of leases on 200? I don't I think delta did it for themselves. I think all of comairs 700s and 900s are heading to gojet and I think pinnacle will exchange all 140 200s for the 70 new 900s coming. This will leave pinnacle a fleet of 111 to 127 900s depending on what happens to their 16 owned 900s. Skywest and Asa will hold on to their 200s for the remainder of their terms and when they get the delivery of the mitshubishi jet they will be done doing dci.

Very plausible. 2020 is ages away so no knows what might happen by then. The first MRJ delivery wouldn't be until 2017, even that is over the horizon.

Point to point with 50 seaters is a losing proposition, but if one were to milk the DCI contract as long as possible while transitioning from CRJ200's to MRJs? There might be something there, but SKYW won't do anything rash to upset Delta unless forced.

A stand alone regional operating point to point starting with $750 million cash and a fleet of 200 new fuel efficient 70-90 seat aircraft, back stopped with contracts with Delta, United, US Airways and Alaska and code sharing. That's plausible too.

Yet Comair was wholly owned, and striking.

While DL may be good at playing chess, SKYW is playing Go.

An industry run by morons and staffed by retards, and us as pilots cannot find the clean end of the stick, where does that leave us.....

Maybe Delta would hire loads of SKW pilots in consecutive classes, which could cost SKW big money in training and potentially cancel flights? You just never know. Take away 200 Captains over 3-4 months, and that could cripple anyone I suppose. Just a guess.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Maybe Delta would hire loads of SKW pilots in consecutive classes, which could cost SKW big money in training and potentially cancel flights? You just never know. Take away 200 Captains over 3-4 months, and that could cripple anyone I suppose. Just a guess.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yatzee! Hey, but CT is hiring 3 classes of first officers to cover the attrition to Delta. Does he not realize that about 1/2 of ExpressJet is busting hump to make it over to Delta?

I think it's quite simple now that I think of it. Delta will trade in all of pinnacle and comairs 200s because delta owns them. Do you think delta signed this deal so Skywest could get out of leases on 200? I don't I think delta did it for themselves. I think all of comairs 700s and 900s are heading to gojet and I think pinnacle will exchange all 140 200s for the 70 new 900s coming. This will leave pinnacle a fleet of 111 to 127 900s depending on what happens to their 16 owned 900s. Skywest and Asa will hold on to their 200s for the remainder of their terms and when they get the delivery of the mitshubishi jet they will be done doing dci.

For some reason I think ASA/XJT will somehow be coming into some 700s/900s in the very near future. We're WAY overstaffed on the 700 side and understaffed on the 200 side, with no attempt by management to balance the staffing. There's a good possibility they know something we don't.

For some reason I think ASA/XJT will somehow be coming into some 700s/900s in the very near future. We're WAY overstaffed on the 700 side and understaffed on the 200 side, with no attempt by management to balance the staffing. There's a good possibility they know something we don't.

Maybe for United, but for Delta you would have to follow the schedule outlined in the contract. The additional 76 seaters come along with the 717 delivery schedule. (not all at once)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back