• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looks like Delta is trying to merge with UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Real bad on United but also a bit on Delta. A controller should not have to tell you go around. Guys need to be paying better attention out there.
No kidding. Maybe it was the General on short final shooting for 10,000 FI posts prior to Labor Day.

No kidding. Maybe it was the General on short final shooting for 10,000 FI posts prior to Labor Day.

That litterally makes no sense, but you probably made yourself laugh, which is worth it. Good for you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Real bad on United but also a bit on Delta. A controller should not have to tell you go around. Guys need to be paying better attention out there.

You are an idiot. I guess the Pilot not flying should be watching ground movements too instead of watching the plane and the pilot flying. Riiight. Forget looking inside, zero in on parallel taxiways. The United guy was probably on the ground frequency anyway so there was little chance the Delta pilot could have heard anything about a potential crossing. This wasn't a tug crossing a runway, this was a wrong turn. Idiot.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
General, but when your jets get wireless networks you can't just sit there for eight hours.....

All joking aside, I have little doubt the TOGA buttons got pushed before the mike button.

Instructor Dude has a picture of a Mesa, SkyWest, or GoJets 90 seater in his Avitar. Just consider the source.....

(Que 737Pylts generic Fin slam in three, two, one....)

Last edited:
I was talking to a Delta FLL gate agent. She said that the return flight almost cancelled. After the incident, they had to pull the CVR. Aparently Delta wants its pilots to sit out their next round-trip. The Delta pilots talked to their cheif pilot and got approval to operate it back to ATL. Is this a common pratice to get pulled offline?

Somehow I see this turning into a PFT arguement....

I was talking to a Delta FLL gate agent. She said that the return flight almost cancelled. After the incident, they had to pull the CVR. Aparently Delta wants its pilots to sit out their next round-trip. The Delta pilots talked to their cheif pilot and got approval to operate it back to ATL. Is this a common pratice to get pulled offline?
Can't speak for Delta, but at most airlines, yes. It doesn't mean anything except for an investigation is taking place. With a loss of separation between two 121 operators, you can bet an investigation is taking place. Feel bad for the United crew and wish like heck that these sort of things did not ever happen.

Knock on wood....I hope I never fly with a person who thinks they are immune to incidents like this.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back