• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fogrunner

Ex-Gemini CEO Named to AirNet
8/26/2008

The private equity owners of niche cargo operator AirNet Systems named xxxx, the former interim CEO of failed airline Gemini Air Cargo, chief executive of AirNet.

It amazes me how inept, incompetent, imbeciles get regurgitated through out this industry!! while hard working crew members struggle to find a meaningful job.
Let me tell you one thing this guy did under his tenure at GAC. When the company failed on August 12th we were told we would have medical benefits until the end of the month. Shortly after it came to light that Gemini ceased payment to our medical plan on July 31st and retroactively canceled our insurance.
This is the type of person you are dealing with....

http://www.trafficworld.com/newssection/airparcel.asp?id=47625

You know, while we're on the subject of CEOs, how does one get to be CEO. Do you just apply for the job or what? All these guys in the industry aren't doing anything positive and I was thinking of taking a crack at it. I don't think I could do any worse...

The book "Hard Landing" really highlights the fact about high management bouncing around from one carrier to the next.

You know, while we're on the subject of CEOs, how does one get to be CEO. Do you just apply for the job or what? All these guys in the industry aren't doing anything positive and I was thinking of taking a crack at it. I don't think I could do any worse...

I was wondering the same thing myself. Goes hand-in-hand with my half-arsed idea of running for Congress in 2 years.

"Gonzalez, 48, has been a Bayside board member of AirNet since June.
He also has held senior positions with Miami-based Centurion Air Cargo and DHL."

YIKES!!! Those two companies are not doing too hot, in fact didn't Centurion just cease operations?

Prince, we should buy Airnet and rum, oops... I mean run that place. Bring the 310's back and all! :nuts:

"Gonzalez, 48, has been a Bayside board member of AirNet since June.
He also has held senior positions with Miami-based Centurion Air Cargo and DHL."

YIKES!!! Those two companies are not doing too hot, in fact didn't Centurion just cease operations?

Prince, we should buy Airnet and rum, oops... I mean run that place. Bring the 310's back and all! :nuts:

Hey now yer talkin! Lord knows we both know from experience that the whole works wasn't worth much.

Latest resources

Back