Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kman

MR O
Any ideas, looking to spend under 2500 for four people in a king air 90, pc12, etc. Anbody know any reasonable places to go to that won't gouge me with fees and such?Thanks

Its hard to "charter" and airplane and not get "gouged" by fees and charges!

"gouged" by fees and charges!

Who said anything about "charges". Thanks smart AZZ you been a great help. Try reading your own post. Another great mind from FI.com avoids the topic and makes a helpful comment.

One of the places i got an estimate from charged me a 300 landing fee for HND, what is like 6 dollars and they added a 800 fuel surcharge fee on top of the regular fuel. Thanks again for your helpful information, maybe you like to be bent over and gouged, but not me.

gouged, goug·ing, goug·es 1. To cut or scoop out with or as if with a gouge: "He began to gouge a small pattern in the sand with his cane" Vladimir Nabokov.
2. a. To force out the eye of (a person) with one's thumb.
b. To thrust one's thumb into the eye of.

3. Informal To extort from.
4. Slang To swindle.

Last edited:
Funny that you defined gouge for me, even though you were the one that used it! Next time please try and make sense with your posts and your PMs.

I know of a charter company that will fit your PAX budget: Southwest Airlines! Free peanuts too!

And the fact that you are looking on FI instead of calling one of 50 brokers simply reveals its you that deserves to be “bent over!”

whatever guy... what doesn't make sense?

So charging me 300 dollars instead of 6, or the 800 dollar fuel surcharge fee, isn't gouging me?

Again what doesn't make sense? Anyways I found an operator that will do it for under 2700.

Wow, I can charter at 737 for under 2500? Cool you must be the smartest man alive.

Last edited:
One of the places i got an estimate from charged me a 300 landing fee for HND, what is like 6 dollars and they added a 800 fuel surcharge fee on top of the regular fuel.
Welcome to the wonderful world of charter quotes. I am guessing that this might be your first foray into getting a quote for a flight. The $300 landing charge probably isn't just the airport landing fee but also covers expenses incurred for each landing such as brakes, tires or other components that are cycle limited as well as ramp or parking fees. The fuel surcharge is added to the price because they are trying to keep the mileage or hourly rate as low as it was before fuel went through the roof. I don't agree with the concept however that's the way most businesses do it now, including courier services. On a final note, be sure to read the charter contract before signing it, especially the fine print. The price you were given is a quote; it is based on set conditions and may vary due to weather, ATC routing, etc.. You might be on the hook for any additional charges that are incurred during the flight such as hangar fees, cleaning fees or de-icing (not that you will face that on your trip to Vegas, I hope). The contract should spell out what you are responsible for. Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back