Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vfr Jobs For Freight Puppies!!!!!!

This Guy name is Nick Steo
But you got to decide about the time to comment!
BETTER HURRY
Part 91 - Aerial Mapping Pilot
Responsibilities: Pilot aircraft for mapping/image collection. Operate computer based
on-board system. Coordinate aircraft maintenance while away from home base. Daily progress reporting. Seasonal position beginning 10/22/06 and finishing 5/15 – 6/30/07. Competitive pay (straight salary). During the season pilots typically fly 400-600 hours. Pilot is directed by moving map and heads-up display. Travel assignments include the entire U.S.

Qualifications: 500 hours total time
Commercial certificate, Instrument rating
10 hours PIC actual IMC (minimum).
IMC Current
No accidents or incidents
Drug & Alcohol testing program compliance
Computer skills desirable
100% travel
Aircraft: Cessna 172

Email resume to: [email protected]

Tried Northern States and Landvue about two months back. Nick replied back to me after completing their questionaire, saying that at the time he had some pilots with higher qualifications. Thanks for all the help everyone, I will continue the search.

There are a lot of VFR operators that operate out of anchorage. The minimums are 500 hrs for VFR 135.

Do a search and look around. It can be a tough time as the tourist season is over but a lot of folks leave about this time. They worked all summer and got their hours up. Some of the operators may need the help.

There are a lot of VFR operators that operate out of anchorage. The minimums are 500 hrs for VFR 135.

Do a search and look around. It can be a tough time as the tourist season is over but a lot of folks leave about this time. They worked all summer and got their hours up. Some of the operators may need the help.

Dude, you are on the pipe if you think anyone would hire this time of year. Or if anyone up there would hire a 500 TTL time boy wonder from the lower 48 with no AK time as a PIC. Ha

Well, I went ip there in Feb of 98 got offered a 207 job first day up there. It was out of Bethel...and I had 650 hours. I have been out of touch ther since 00 but I am sure if you went on vacation up there and looked around you might just find a spot to start out at.

if you get a job with 500 hours. . .the company either has really crappy insurance or doesn't have any. . .all of the respectable companies require Alaska time. . . especially with uner 1200 hrs. . . and it gets more restrictive as time goes on

Lyddon Aero Center hires 1 guy with 500 hours for VFR 135. I was hired with right under 500 and as soon as I hit 500 I was checked out in the P-210 and Seneca II. They fly quite a bit and will get your hours built in no time. Doing everythign from passengers, occasional cargo and instruction. They are based out of Liberal, KS aka Liberia, KS. If you wanna know more about the place......pm me.

Well, with 500 hours I suppose Craig Air would hire you.... maybe even Inland. But not this time of year... How badly do you want to send a gussak into the snow with no prior tundra time, and try to send him to Marshall or Russian Mission in "day/vfr"???? Are you on CRACK? LOL!

Get some good winter flying in the Grand Canyon, flying day vfr over some great scenery. With the right company, you'll upgrade into a twin in 3 or 4 months, and you can build your twin time, PIC mind you, then after a thousand hours of that you can give the bush a try. Cutting your teeth in Alaska during winter could be considered less than intelligent.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back