• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Republic advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sarcasm/ WOW! I didnt realize thats what chautauqua mainline ...pays....i cant wait to get on the widebody 170 /sarcasm
Yeah,and the radios are louder,the strobes are brighter and even the lav juice is bluer (OK,I lied about the lav juice,but still..)

I'm OK with the second part about military pilots. The first part needs some clarification. If you need to build time fast to meet some hiring goal, that is fine. If you don't yet know how to fly, then stay the FuGk home. 500 hour **************************************** who think it is a good place to learn to fly will be treated as such in my cockpit. Just because the company thinks it is ok to hire anyone with a pulse, doesn't mean that you are the $hit just because you get hired. In fact I am hearing there is a pretty good wash out rate in training. Although, from the losers they been kicking out on reserve I have to think the wash out rate should be double what it is. If you don't know how to fly jets, don't come here to learn.

I hope I never fly in "your cockpit"

To answer the question, this is a pretty good place to work, if your friend is hired and will live in base or have a really easy commute, go for it. Other posts on here about this, but its a ~2 year upgrade, great contract, and plenty of bases to choose from on our 3 certificates. Check out the listing on www.airlinepilotcentral.com

Originally Posted by Ismokedya

I'm OK with the second part about military pilots. The first part needs some clarification. If you need to build time fast to meet some hiring goal, that is fine. If you don't yet know how to fly, then stay the FuGk home. 500 hour **************************************** who think it is a good place to learn to fly will be treated as such in my cockpit. Just because the company thinks it is ok to hire anyone with a pulse, doesn't mean that you are the $hit just because you get hired. In fact I am hearing there is a pretty good wash out rate in training. Although, from the losers they been kicking out on reserve I have to think the wash out rate should be double what it is. If you don't know how to fly jets, don't come here to learn.

Amen to that brother. Lets keep Republic an airline and not a flight school to some 500 hour wonder. Learn to fly some where else.

Nice...

I wouldn't use these two guys a a benchmark for RPA Captains. Unfortunately, there are few. Most are professional lads and not arrogant. And, HR has been doing a fairly good job of "poaching" other airlines for candidates.

I'd be curious to know where these two jet jockey's cut their teeth on jets. Chautauqua?

T8

It is by far the best regional to work for in my opinion. Great pilot group, good QOL, not bad pay, good contract that will get better.

Have you ever worked for a different airline? I have and RAH is not the be all, end all of regionals. It is mediocre, at best. That being said, it's the best place for me, personally, at this particular point in time.

Good contract? You've got to be kidding me. When you finally work for a major airline you'll know what you've been missing all this time.

Have you ever worked for a different airline? I have and RAH is not the be all, end all of regionals. It is mediocre, at best. That being said, it's the best place for me, personally, at this particular point in time.

Good contract? You've got to be kidding me. When you finally work for a major airline you'll know what you've been missing all this time.

You beat me to it.

I'm just amazed at all this negativity. RAH is such an easy job compared to the 135 that I did and enjoyed for 2 years. 11 days on reserve with 5am shows is still better than loading freight at 2am after being on call 24/7 for ages. This job is sooo easy, and this contract is pretty dang good in comparison to other regional gigs. Just don't expect a FedEx contract/paycheck. Want quick money and QOL? You will find it here for about the same $ and time it takes to be a pilot. Probably not as fun though.

Last edited:
This job is sooo easy, and this contract is pretty dang good in comparison to other regional gigs.

I'd say it's average compared to other regionals out there now. What you have failed to mention is other regional airlines contracts/pay have been slashed and brought down to the level of RAH over the last few years.

ACA/Independence went out of business because they failed to lower the bar down to the levels of RAH, TSA, Mesa, etc. That was one heck of a good regional contract compared to what you'll find nowadays and that was approx. 5 years ago.

Same deal at Comair. They have been forced into a concessionary contract so they can become more "cost competitive" with RAH, Mesa, Pinnacle, etc. Look what's happened at XJet lately since they signed their "good" contract. When your contract isn't as good as regional contracts that were in place a few years ago, I don't think you can say you have a "good" contract.

The RAH contract has major sections that need to be re-worked. For example, it's a joke that you don't receive any pay for a wx or mx cancellation. DH pay at the previously mentioned companies 5 years ago was 100%. When RAH can add the basic necessities like this to it's contract and tighten up the very weak language in all sections of the contract then you can say it's a "good" contract.

I understand it's good compared to a few other regionals or flying part 135 but things have greatly changed in the 121 world. When you have 170/175's flying around basically replacing 737's and mainline jobs, the contract also needs to be representative of an airline opperating aircraft that are of this size.

I truly hope that in the next round of negotiations RAH raises the bar and provides a standard for the other regionals to try to achieve. There is, however, a lot of work that needs to be done and it's going to be a tough road ahead when dealing with the budget/penny pinching mentality that RAH's management is composed of. I enjoyed the 2 years I spent working at RAH mainly due to the professional captains but the contract needs a lot of work.

Last edited:
It's not the best nor the worst, you will fly and you will learn. Unfortunately you got a few guys who egotrip, then again that's everywhere. The contract could be better, just give it time. Hope your gets on.

just my .02 cents

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back