• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for Republic advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Contract is OK, so is scheduling. Big commuter bases are senior. Some of the outbases, not so much. Upgrades are pretty quick, depending on the equipment. Attrition seems to be picking up, but so is training.

I'm OK with the second part about military pilots. The first part needs some clarification. If you need to build time fast to meet some hiring goal, that is fine. If you don't yet know how to fly, then stay the FuGk home. 500 hour **************************************** who think it is a good place to learn to fly will be treated as such in my cockpit. Just because the company thinks it is ok to hire anyone with a pulse, doesn't mean that you are the $hit just because you get hired. In fact I am hearing there is a pretty good wash out rate in training. Although, from the losers they been kicking out on reserve I have to think the wash out rate should be double what it is. If you don't know how to fly jets, don't come here to learn.

If you had the same opportunity to fly a brand new shiny Jet back when you were starting out that the new hires have today, you would have jumped at the chance as well. Everyone has to start somewhere, and right now our industry is in demand of pilots.

Yes we as captains may have to do a little more watching and teaching in the cockpit. Isn't that part of the job of a captain to help mold the new hires into future captains? You can also learn new things from a new Hire FO no matter what the experience level if you are open-minded. Sure we would all like to have two captains in the cockpit, but with the cyclical events of supply and demand, the demand is overpowering the supply as other people have already posted.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back