Looking for Republic advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

seahorse3

A young friend has been offered an interview with Republic--How about some observations by those currently there or who have recently moved on--pay, QOL, domiciles,etc.

A young friend has been offered an interview with Republic--How about some observations by those currently there or who have recently moved on--pay, QOL, domiciles,etc.

Take gun, fully load then play Russian Roulette! Thats is what it will be like working for any regional.

Take gun, fully load then play Russian Roulette! Thats is what it will be like working for any regional.
But it is a great way for a low time pilot to build some quality time and experience Fast!!! Even for military pilots, it's a great way for them to get their feet wet in the airline industry.

But it is a great way for a low time pilot to build some quality time and experience Fast!!! Even for military pilots, it's a great way for them to get their feet wet in the airline industry.

I'm OK with the second part about military pilots. The first part needs some clarification. If you need to build time fast to meet some hiring goal, that is fine. If you don't yet know how to fly, then stay the FuGk home. 500 hour **************************************** who think it is a good place to learn to fly will be treated as such in my cockpit. Just because the company thinks it is ok to hire anyone with a pulse, doesn't mean that you are the $hit just because you get hired. In fact I am hearing there is a pretty good wash out rate in training. Although, from the losers they been kicking out on reserve I have to think the wash out rate should be double what it is. If you don't know how to fly jets, don't come here to learn.

I'm OK with the second part about military pilots. The first part needs some clarification. If you need to build time fast to meet some hiring goal, that is fine. If you don't yet know how to fly, then stay the FuGk home. 500 hour **************************************** who think it is a good place to learn to fly will be treated as such in my cockpit. Just because the company thinks it is ok to hire anyone with a pulse, doesn't mean that you are the $hit just because you get hired. In fact I am hearing there is a pretty good wash out rate in training. Although, from the losers they been kicking out on reserve I have to think the wash out rate should be double what it is. If you don't know how to fly jets, don't come here to learn.

Amen to that brother. Lets keep Republic an airline and not a flight school to some 500 hour wonder. Learn to fly some where else.

It is by far the best regional to work for in my opinion. Great pilot group, good QOL, not bad pay, good contract that will get better.

It's known as supply vs. demand. That's unfortunately the way the industry works. Sounds like the new guys are going to learn a lot about airline flying from you in "your cockpit" with an attitude like that. You must have been so experienced when you first got hired at RAH that you were hired into the left seat on the 170?

It never seizes to amaze me as to what kind of stuff you'll read next on here.

Last edited:

Well, for $20,7000 a year not including per diem or taxes, what excatly do you expect? Get over yourself. It WILL continue to be a flight school for that amount of money being offered and such low minimums. You WILL be an instructor for many low time guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back