Looking for part 135 operators in the Phoenix area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rballty

Who are the part 135 operators in the Phoenix area? Are there any particular sites on the internet where you can find a listing of part 135 operators? They seem to be hard to find. Any information is extremely appreciated. Thanks.

Cutter and Swift at PHX......Southwest Jet and Aerojet At SDL Try Ameriflight.....they are always looking for pilots for PHX.

xrated said:
Swift just let 9 pilots go. Probably not a valid option at this point.

Wow! What happened at Swift? I had heard a rumor but I thought they were ramping up their fleet with 604s, GIVs and even a CRJ shuttle? I had heard that they were letting go of a few Citations but I thought the pilots would be covered by the introduction of newer, bigger aircraft like the 604, etc.

I hope the layoffs are temporary - these guys are class acts. So, what's the story?

Depends on what kind of 135 work you are looking for. I don't know of any charter (although I'm sure there is some), but Empire and Ameriflight both operate cargo out of the area. I'm sure there are more as well.

Try Aerojet, Pinnacle Aviation, and or Southwest Jet all at the Scottsdale Airport.

Heavy Set said:
Wow! What happened at Swift? I had heard a rumor but I thought they were ramping up their fleet with 604s, GIVs and even a CRJ shuttle? I had heard that they were letting go of a few Citations but I thought the pilots would be covered by the introduction of newer, bigger aircraft like the 604, etc.

I hope the layoffs are temporary - these guys are class acts. So, what's the story?

yes it's only supposed to be 4-6 months. (my husband is one of the 9 guys layed off). they stopped flying all the citation v's and only have gotten one 604 as of right now. more will be coming. they are also looking for new contracts for flying. so they keep saying it won't be long before they bring those guys back. (i sure hope so!)

skeeter666 said:
Try Ameriflight.....they are always looking for pilots for PHX.
Not really. Always looking for pilots maybe, but rarely for PHX. Perhaps you're thinking of PDX?

PHX is a pretty senior base, especially in the turbines. It would be unusual for someone to even get it as a new-hire in the PA31.

Latest resources

Back