Looking for opinions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkywayFO

I am to be furloughed form ACA next month. My second airline. I am just 2 months in to second year pay. I just got a call from Air Wiskey, in less than a week I might add. I didn't think things like that were still happening in todays airline indusrty. I also got a call from Comair, after 3 or 4 months. What I am asking is what is everyones opinions on potential at both places. What would you do if you had an offer form both. One more twist is that I have an in for some big iron 91 flying, and Flight Options. So let her fly what is everybodies take. My mind is fried I am looking for some fresh viewpoints.

I would like to stay in Chicago. I really don't have to, it is just where I grew up and where a lot of my friends and family are.

Air Whiskey v. Comair

I don't believe that you can go wrong with either. Probably Air Wisc, if you want to live in Chicago. Comair would probably be a more hectic commute. In either case, with time you'll be better off than where you were, furlough notwithstanding.

(I heard that some old, experienced majors pilot once said that no matter which airline you choose, you'll be wrong.)

Can you give more details on the Part 91 offer? It may well trump both regionals.

Sure nice to have choices. Maybe hiring is starting to improve, as it always does.

All of your choices are pretty stable options.

If you wanna stay in Chicago, you could probaly get the CRJ with Air Whiskey...would be a pretty easy transition....

Good luck to ya'.....sorry to hear about the furlough...

Latest resources

Back