Looking for operators, jobs in the phoenix area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rballty

I will be moving out to Flagstaff, AZ, and searching for jobs in that area. I will have the Part 135 IFR mins soon. Does anyone know who the cargo/charter opertaors are in Flagstaff, Sedona, Prescott, Phoenix. I would just like to know what jobs are, or could be available anywhere in that vicinity. Any information provided is extremely appreciated. Thanks.

I lived and worked in Flag for about 1 1/2 years. The only corporate there is Peabody, they fly a daily shuttle in a 1900 to a mine. Good job, and if you actually want to live in Flag it doesn't get much better. Go by the hanger and say Hi sometime, great group of guys. Gore use to have a Lear, but they sold it and shut down operations there a few years ago.

As far as charter, Wiseman (FBO) had a twin Cessna and some singles. They have a few CFI's that I think handled the limited charter work they have. AMF has some freight runs in and out of their in 99's, 1900's, and 208's.

Sedona has some air tour operators, mostly 206's and the like. Might be a good place to look. Don't know anything about Prescott.

Phoenix has all kinds of things, problem is that drive is hard to do. On a good day it's less than 2 hours but any kind of weather, traffic (horrible on weekends), wrecks, etc. can really screw you up. I've had it take 6+ hours before.

Something else you might think about is Page. There are several tour operators up there flying Cessna's and I think some twins also. It's also about 2 hours from Flag.

My experience is that it's a pretty tough place for pilots. Not many jobs, very few good ones and lot's of pilots. Kind of like most places I guess. Good luck and PM me if you have any more ?'s.

Steve

Last edited:
steveg said:
My experience is that it's a pretty tough place for pilots. Not many jobs, very few good ones and lot's of pilots. Kind of like most places I guess. Good luck and PM me if you have any more ?'s.

Steve

Sounds like Steve gave you some good feedback on the charter/ 135 side. From the corporate perspective, PHX is a tough market as well. SDL (Scottsdale) has much traffic but the jobs are hard to come by, even with a type and experience under your belt. More pilots than openings unfortunately. Best of luck to you. Sounds like Northern AZ may offer some options for you.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated. Who are the charter/cargo operators in the Phoenix area? I have a place to crash in Phoenix, so I could swing that. I figured it would be a tough area for jobs from what I could tell, just need a place to pad the resume until any airline options open up if possible. Unfortunately most places in Northern AZ fly the single engine tour birds, 206/207; I need to build the twin time up. Thanks again for the replies.

Latest resources

Back