• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for nice GA airports in cocoa/mco area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nothing like sanford, to big. spoke to a dude who mentioned merritt island airport. i want to move to florida and would like to buy a hangar that i could put a loft in and live in, or if there is already living quarters that would be great also. is titusville a nice airport? does anyone know of any hangars for sale at merritt island? i don't want a house, to much to take care of. i need to lock the door and not worry about it, so spruce creek isn't what i want.

thanks for any info.
jason:beer:

try new smyrna or massey

Merritt Island and Titusville are the same airport authority, and they will not let you live on the property. Also, they will not let anyone build anything right now. They are very 1960’s mentality. There waiting list is over two years last I checked, I would try massy (sp?) it’s just north of Titusville.

thanks guys for the info. do either of you by any chance know bill glaser(or maybe glasser?) he was an instructor of mine yrs ago at new smyrna and i'm just curious if he is still around. if anyone knows him and has a number i'd appreciate it, send me a pm if ya' don't mind. thanks again.

I dout you'll find a public airport that will let you do that. Space is already at a premium. You should look into airparks.
Add to this that at most public airports, you'll have to give your loft and hangar to the public after 25 years.

Bumping an old thread back from the dead...

Looking for feedback on Massey Ranch Airpark and general information about the area.

There is land available in the airpark. Considering building a hangar home but don't know too much about Massey Ranch or New Smyrna.

TIA.

LGAPilot

Latest resources

Back