Looking for Job in Northern VA area

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scottn2flying

I will be moving to the Northern VA region at the end of next month and need a flying job. I have CFI, CFII, MEI, 1300tt, 88ME and 600+ dual given. Any suggestions would be greatly apprecitated. Also, I don't mind instructing still so if you have a suggestion of a good school that might be looking for instructors please let me know.

Scott

Manassas Aviation Center and Aviation Adventures were both looking for CFIs a week ago. HEF is probably your best bet as far as the drive would go.

If you went to Colgan, you would probably be sent to some funky base up in New York or Hyannis and be stuck there for years. If you are a pilot living in DC I don't think there is any part 121 job where you can get hired at and expect to not have to move or commute.

Dude,

try colgan. You could hold HEF within 2 or 3 months if not straight out of training.

I think Dynamic aviation may be hiring some king air or be-99 pilots also. Check them out

T-Gates said:
Mesa has a base in IAD, Republic has a base in DCA, as does Air Wisconsin. Also the aforementioned HEF base for Colgan.

I'd say there is a pretty good chance of getting a base in the DCA/IAD area eventually for some regionals, if not right out of the box.

Yeah, that is the thing though. With mesa, you could be based anywhere from west coast to Florida to that start up thing in Hawaii. Plus it is Mesa, don't think I would want to work there anyway.

Republic is very small, has really high mins, and again, you would most likely not get DCA.

Whisky would be the best choice, good company, but DCA is senior so you will be stuck in Norfolk or Philly for a while... This would probably be the best option though. I hear last year around this time DCA was most junior, nuts!

And then Colgan, again not the greatest company, especially after you read the "do da colgan" thread, but I would be worried about having to tell them "no thanks" if they put me in the Beech and wanted me to go to live on the Cape or in Maine.

I have heard that at Mesa and Colgan once you get assigned an aircraft you are stuck with it and only can bid on bases with your aircraft. I guess if you are an ERJ driver for mesa you will never be able to bid DEN?

Latest resources

Back