Looking for Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PERSON

This is my first post I currently fly for the regionals and I am looking for some info on how to get information on corporate flying. Any web sites I can go to besides Climbto350 or flight info. For example if I want to find information about Eli Lilly or Coke how can I go about doing that? I live in the Indinapolis area any body know of any corporate outfits out this way? Thank you all for taking the time to read this

Welcome,

The best source is the NBAA Directory of Member Companies... good luck getting a hold of one of those... they are like gold. Of more ready help might be this: http://forums.flightinfo.com/search.php?. Try typing Indianapolis, if you get too many results, narrow it to the corporate board. Finally, get out there and hit the streets... corporate flying is all about who you know so it helps to network. And sometimes it's the only way to find the small flight departments. Good luck finding much in Indy... it's something of an aviation wasteland... surprising for a town of its size.

cc

The Lilly pilots are restricted to the compound where the company holds them in seclusion. I've never met, nor has anyone I know met ANY pilot who flies or has ever flown for Eli Lilly.

I'm thinking about staking out the entrance to their bunker... er, I mean hanger to try to get some grainy, black and white pictures of them as they come and go. ;)

Just kidding... kind of. :D TC

P.S.--Check your PM's.

I know of a management company there that operates some small Citations for CeCor and A REIT. I can't remember what the name of it is, but just go out to the airport with a stack of CV's.

I've heard Eli Lilly pilots are sorely underpaid for flying a Gulfstream (a friend interviewed and turned them down because he couldn't afford the paycut...that was going from a Citation to them!!)

Watch Toyota's website. They've we're looking for someone for their IN base. There is also a E135 in Michigan used for shuttles.

NBAA is the best source, but like someone said, good luck getting a copy. I don't know about Coke, but Coca Cola Enterprises in Atlanta are reducing their fleet and letting some pilots go last I heard. Bell South was hiring recently, as is Home Depot (they just started advertising....AGAIN!). I'm not sure what the deal is at HD as they've been advertising for nearly a year now.

Corporate aviation is as much NETWORKING as anything. I'd guess a majority of pilot's are hired from inside recommendations or knowing someone. There are exceptions of course (like me), but thats what you'll hear most of the time.

On your day off or during a layover, check out the local FBOs and meet some of the crews sitting around. You'll never know what you'll hear in the lobby!

Good luck!

2000Flyer

Last edited:
Indy has a ton of corporate stuff, you just have to network. There is a company still looking for a Citation 10 captain. Don't much about the company. Cecorr at Indy is no more.

Thank you to all that replied the information was greatly appreciated. Thank you also for the kind welcom in this forum. Fly safe and again many thanks.
PERSON

AA717driver said:
The Lilly pilots are restricted to the compound where the company holds them in seclusion. I've never met, nor has anyone I know met ANY pilot who flies or has ever flown for Eli Lilly.

I'm thinking about staking out the entrance to their bunker... er, I mean hanger to try to get some grainy, black and white pictures of them as they come and go. ;)

Just kidding... kind of. :D TC

P.S.--Check your PM's.

I know a Lilly pilot, if you figure out how to get hired there congrats... The one I know got hired shortly after her dad retired... Get the picture??

h25b said:
The one I know got hired shortly after her dad retired... Get the picture??

I guess some people will do anything for $30k/year... :rolleyes:

P.S.--Did she have to buy her own rating?

He flew for them for many years, due to their nepotism policy she could not work there until after he retired. Once he did she started with the department shortly thereafter. You actually might know her TC, she's furloughed AA...

Latest resources

Back