Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Marmaduke McPug

Looking for info on the TFE 731-2-2B

I was hoping to find some detailed info online, anyone know where or if such a thing exists?

Thanks in advance

Mike
:)

I was mainly looking for technical info on the engine such as type and makeup of the compressor and turbine sections, accessory section and bleed points.

Burner can type; igniter type and associated temps, as well as the temp rise chart along the compression path.

I was also interested if there was a full cut away of the unit that showed the flow thru and any detail on the type and location of the attach points.

Mainly looking for specifics on this engine and do you know if any, the differences between the –2B and the –5, found on the falcons?

Thanks

Mike

Marmaduke McPug said:
I was mainly looking for technical info on the engine such as type and makeup of the compressor and turbine sections, accessory section and bleed points.

Burner can type; igniter type and associated temps, as well as the temp rise chart along the compression path.

I was also interested if there was a full cut away of the unit that showed the flow thru and any detail on the type and location of the attach points.

Mainly looking for specifics on this engine and do you know if any, the differences between the –2B and the –5, found on the falcons?

Thanks

Mike

731-2-2B: Twin Spool, Front Mounted, Gear Driven Fan, 4 stage LP Axial Compressor, Single Stage HP Centrifugal Compressor.

Combustor Section includes an Annular Reverse-Flow Combustion Chamber enclosed in a plenum. (Two 180° directional changes in airflow take place through the combustor section)

Turbine Section consisting of a single-stage axial HP turbine and a three-stage axial LP turbine. The single-stage HP turbine is rigidly joined with the HP compressor, which forms the HP spool which rotates independantly about the LP rortor shaft. The three-stage LP turbine is rigidly connected to the LP compressor assembly, forming the LP rotor. The forward end of this rotor shaft is geared to the planetary gear assembly which drives the fan.

Accessory Section consists of a transfer gearbox and an accessory gearbox located on the forward side of the engine. The transfer gearbox is driven by a tower shaft and bevel gear from the HP spool. a horizontal shaft connects the Transfer Gearbox to the Accessory Drive Gearbox to drive the Oil Pump, Fuel Pump and mechanical fuel governor within the FCU, hydraulic pump and DC generator. In addition, a DC starter motor is mounted on the accessory drive gearbox to turn the HP spool for engine starting.

Specifications:

TFE 731-2-2B
Weight: 734 lbs.
Dimensions: 60"L x 34"W x 39" H
Fan Speed: 11,502 RPM
N1 Speed: 20,688 RPM
N2 Speed: 29,692 RPM
Rated Thrust: 3,500 lbs up to 72°F at SL
Thrust at FL400 @ 0.80M: 795 lbs.
Bypass Ratio: 2.56:1
TSFC @ SL & ISA: 0.512
TSFC @ FL 400 & 0.80M: 0.817
Typical Fuel Flow @ FL 400 & 0.80M: 650 lb/hr
Temp Limits: Start and Take Off: 860°C

TFE 731-5BR
Weight: 899 lbs.
Dimensions: 65"L x 34"W x 41" H (91" L with mixer nozzle attached)
Fan Speed: 10,666 RPM
N1 Speed: 21,000 RPM
N2 Speed: 30,540 RPM
Rated Thrust: 4,750 lbs up to 77°F at SL
Thrust at FL400 @ 0.80M: 1,050 lbs.
Bypass Ratio: 3.20:1
TSFC @ SL & ISA: 0.470
TSFC @ FL 400 & 0.80M: 0.758
Typical Fuel Flow @ FL 400 & 0.80M: 805 lb/hr
Temp Limits: Start and Take Off: 978°C (996°C with APR T/O only)

Hope this is what you were looking for... I sent you an e-mail with 2 full color cut-away diagrams of the 731-2-2B. I don't have any cut-aways of the 731-5BR since I haven't flown that engine. I am currently flying the 731-60 and 731-40's...

Let me know if you need any other info....

Fly Safe!

Falcon Capt.

Hey Falcon Capt. Thanks!

That will work nicely and the cut aways are exactly what I was searching for in color.

Thanks again,

Mike

Latest resources

Back