Looking for info on the ANG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

t-bone

I'm interested in the Air National Guard but don't really know a whole lot about it. Could anyone pass on some info on what it takes to get a pilot slot, what life is like while on duty, what pilot pay is like, and anything else you feel may be useful.

I have no previous military experience, but do have my 4-year degree and am currently flying for a Part 135 operator in Northern California.

Thanks,

T

In case you haven't been there yet, go to the Air National Guard Website

From my understanding, getting a pilot slot depends on the unit. Some units have more slots than others due to the type of plane they fly, physical location, etc. I'd talk to a recruiter to get more info. Another thing is that you don't have to live in the state that you are a guard member of. In other words, you could live in Texas and be a member of the Montana ANG. You just have to get yourself to the unit for drill weekends.

Thanks to both, I've done quite a bit of research on the web but I'm looking for more personalized info than what's available online. If anyone out there would be willing to share their own experiences, I'd appreciate it.

Guard info

Hey dude,

I can't speak to what it's like to be an operational pilot: not there yet.

But I can help you with the selection process. PM me and I'll give you whatever info I can.

Flaco

Latest resources

Back