Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

HOUMAN

Pool Man
Does anyone have any information about SWA classes beyond May?? Are there any rumors or rumblings about classes in June, or have we seen the last of the training? Any info would be nice for us poolies and pre-poolies still floating in the stew.

No rumors here, but remember last year. The July class popped up out of nowhere, and that was it for the year.

It seems that things are going better now from what I've been reading (loads, earnings, consumer confidence, etc,...) in the press, so MAYBE we'll see a FEW more classes this year, and this pool will really empty out.

Let's keep our wrinkled fingers crossed.

news from training..

Hello Poolies,

After having 2 days of training in the 2003-06 class all I can say is "WOW"!! This company is everything, plus more than, I heard it would be! If you are in the pool....stay and wait! It is well worth it.

We had a welcoming party sunday night from the 2003-05 class with the toasting of wild turkey. Monday, we got our wings and today our ID badges. Tomorrow gets busy with systems..

Only "admitted" news of future classes is May 19th and something later on...but who knows...there's still a rumor floating about possible June classes.

Hang in there...I know it's hard, but it's well worth it!

W8n4swa:cool:

Dan...

Time to change that profile of yours..You aint no Be -200 driver no more..
You ARE a new hire first officer and remember one thing..
You are always going to be junior to ME!!!!

Have fun and keep the big picture!!

Mike

W8n- Looing forward to having ANOTHER toast of Wild Turkey with you guys on the 18th! Hopefully it won't be all gone when I finally roll into DAL. Gotta fly in from Boise and get in early evening after a hop, skip, and a jump. By the way, PM me if you hear of when the party will start.

The CP in MDW told me they had a class penciled in for July and that's what I've read in some other threads. Hopefully we will see more after that.

Jake

Just talked to LL today. She indicated interviews would probably start again in early 2004. She hopes the pool will be drained by then. Patience guys, patience! You've lasted this long, we are all amazed at your staying power!

possibilities

There is a July class pencilled in on the calendar in OAK. Of course there was no mention on the same calendar of the May classes until they were announced.

ditto...

to W8N's post above.

We are really having a blast down here.... even went to a party on the roof of the GO(HQ Bldg) last night. Traditional Friday night roof party.... even rode up in the elevator w/ Herb & Coleen..... unreal!!!!

Lots of work/study/lack of sleep.... but the training is great so far! Hang in there, you WILL enjoy getting the call and getting to DAL, unreal.... can't hardly believe that it has really happened:eek: !

See you guys/girls soon!
Tredding no more......

Excitement

This is my first post to this board (any board).

I just got through reading the post, the excitement echoed by all in current classes, as well as those in upcoming classes is great.

The feeling I had the first day with SWA is felt every morning I wake up. It is elevated on the days I get to fly and work alongside the outstanding people at Southwest Airlines. I know ya'll have worked hard to get to this point in your careers, and the pot of gold is and will forever rest with those who remember what it took to acheive their goals.

I wish everyone the very best in your careers. And, sometimes we have to look back to be able to see forward.

Just my 2$.....

Latest resources

Back