Looking for info on NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DetoXJ said:
LOL Just out of curiosity, what is the most junior Captain at the Company. I have a friend who was hired with NetJets about 10 months ago who I have lost touch with.
If I recall what I heard during Indoc in late October, the union was able to pull off a bit of coup and got two guys from the August class to upgrade in the 400XP. Obviously that's a bit of an abberation. For what it's worth, during interviews in early October, we were told about 18-22 months for upgrade, perhaps a bit sooner.

18 to 22 months huh, Some told you a HUGE lie. I have been here for 28 months and i am about 400 away from upgrade. Anytime a new bid is out it is usually taken by a current PIC that is changing fleets. Netjets is not truely adding many new PICs. I fully do not expect to upgaede her for at least another 12 to 16 months. If you are coming here to build PIC time or are hoping to get bypass pay soon you are out of luck, look elsewhere.

m80drvr said:
18 to 22 months huh, Some told you a HUGE lie. I have been here for 28 months and i am about 400 away from upgrade. Anytime a new bid is out it is usually taken by a current PIC that is changing fleets. Netjets is not truely adding many new PICs. I fully do not expect to upgaede her for at least another 12 to 16 months. If you are coming here to build PIC time or are hoping to get bypass pay soon you are out of luck, look elsewhere.
True, true. That's why I said, "For what it's worth..." It's usually easy to believe the things that we want to believe. By the way, aren't you on bypass? I have a friend who started in June and he got bypass starting in October because of the guys upgrading in the August class.

Ok..if you have been at NetJets for 2 1/2 years waiting for your uprgrade and say you are still 400 #'s away then how does somebody with just a few months online get awarded Ultra Captain ahead of you?

DetoXJ said:
Ok..if you have been at NetJets for 2 1/2 years waiting for your uprgrade and say you are still 400 #'s away then how does somebody with just a few months online get awarded Ultra Captain ahead of you?
I can't speak for the pilot your are addressing, but according to a friend of mine who was on the payroll when it happened, the union spearheaded an effort to get more senior pilots to hold off bidding in order to get a couple of very junior guys the upgrade award. That way, every pilot senior (with apparently a few exceptions) to the junior upgrades were able to start receiving captain pay without actually holding a PIC slot.

the union had nothing to do with it. It was a grass roots effort by the pilots. Are lame MEC couldn't even get together to make a cheese sandwich.

Diesel said:
the union had nothing to do with it. It was a grass roots effort by the pilots. Are lame MEC couldn't even get together to make a cheese sandwich.

What about soup sandwich?

HD

Diesel, so modest you are...:) It was an OUTSTANDING grass roots movement, supported by the entire group, and will make 117 families much merrier this xmas! Mine included! Once again--once is never enough!--our thanks to all involved for that excellent display of caring and unity! Now on to a good contract for all! NJW

Latest resources

Back