Looking for help negotiating contract.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FrustratedCFI

I might be negotiating my salary, benefits, etc. for the first time this week and I'm looking for a little advice. It will be a coporate gig on a legacy. I will be either a FO or Co-Captain. I've got quite a few hours in type including pic. Can anyone point me to some sample contracts or find industry averages for benefits etc. I have a page from the propilotmag salary survey that I photocopied but no other guidence on things like averages for hard days off, vacation, health care, 401k, phone etc. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

If it is the one in Atlanta, rumor has it he paid the last Chief Pilot $65K and they had to do world wide demos for EMB. If rumors were correct both pilots quit.

If your employer's initials are LS, then I advise that your contract state: "No cooking dinner for you, no going to get your jet ski, dropping it in the lake and waiting all day for you to finish with it before I go home. No listening to 30 minute temper tantrums. No 30 minute callouts for International Pop-Up trips."

I will let you know when I think of the others. Seriously, you should ask for 10 hard, scheduled days off a month. If the boss chooses to ask you to fly those days, and you agree to (no obligation to) then you should get a decent day rate for it ($700 domestic, $900 international). I would also base the pay on corporate rates and not regional, though the sales reps at Embraer have done us all a big favor by selling operators on hiring regional guys to fly them. That means for a type rated FO, $70,000 and $95,000 for a Captain, no less.

I would also have a severance clause in the contract that states that if you are terminated for any reason other than strictly job performance, they owe you for a year of salary. This will protect you if they sell the plane, etc.

I would seriously consider talking to the former pilots if the job is for LS.

Fly, I guess you were the one that dug up that info. I was not sure where T got it from. Sound like LS is a real peach.

LS and JD from our side of town should partner up!!

there was an article in professional pilot in june or may that had the salary information

take the previous advice on the contract. especially days off. also make sure you get some sort of max duty day. 91 corporate operators will treat you like cab drivers and make you work 24 hours a day.

Groundpounder said:
whats a co-capitan?

My deffinition of a "co-captain" is a type rated copilot that can easily act as a captain. For example, when the normal captain is sick or on vacation, the co-captain flys with a contract SIC, or any other SIC and he/she acts as the PIC. It's kind of a smooth transition from co-pilot to full fledged captain. That's my quick and easy deffinition.

Latest resources

Back