• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for foreign job, but unsure of qualifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to India. If you're looking to sell out and undercut expat pilots, better to degrade that market than any of the more discriminating, lucrative markets in Asia.

um, yeah. you should work for foxnews or something---nice spin you put on every post in this thread. try either answering the original question or moving to another thread. I'm in the military. whatever problems you have or had were not created by me, so please save your transparent bitterness for others.

um, yeah. you should work for foxnews or something---nice spin you put on every post in this thread. try either answering the original question or moving to another thread. I'm in the military. whatever problems you have or had were not created by me, so please save your transparent bitterness for others.

No Kingsize, here is the problem.

You came right out and said you'll fly for cheap in order to better your resume.

Flying for less than an appropriate wage will let that company continue a low-paying trend in the future, even after you have left.

At some point there will be nothing left if that mentality continues.

No Kingsize, here is the problem.

You came right out and said you'll fly for cheap in order to better your resume.

Flying for less than an appropriate wage will let that company continue a low-paying trend in the future, even after you have left.

At some point there will be nothing left if that mentality continues.

Yes I understood when BLing said it. Then I understood when CitationUltra piled on. Then I understood it again when spg2bmd mentioned that he agreed with what BLing said. Then CitationUltra piled on again for seemingly no reason at all. It just seems totally uncalled for and is beating a dead horse. The problem you guys face has nothing to do with me. It does have to do with people who apply for jobs and work for cheap wages, something it is not even possible for me to do with an ongoing service commitment. I heard and understood the concern.

Rather than saying the same thing over again, I would ask that CitationUltra provide an answer to the original question that is in line with his don't-work-for-cheap mantra. I've seen recent threads on visajets (I think that was the name) and other airlines requiring lower minimum hours to start. Those are the kind of jobs I'm looking for. Point me towards foreign airlines (or domestic) that I am qualified for and where I could build hours, get a type rating, then move on (or stay). I'm not looking to take any of your jobs or lower the pay bar for everyone. Probably like others, I want a good job in a fun location for a single man. Help me out please so I don't have people saying I want to "sell out and undercut expat pilots."

Hello Kingsize, I've tried to stay away from this discussion because us as Americans have lowered the bar up to the point that we are the lowest paid pilots of ALL industrialized nations (or first world nations, some call it) and actually some third world nations as well because there is no finer example than the Virgin brand. The pilots for VA are the lowest paid of the entire Virgin brand including Virgin Nigeria, and all the arguments that you hear from their pilots in this forum is "well for the US market, it is not too bad" I really don't understand how us as American aviators have lowered our expectations up to the point of being the bottom of the barrel in terms of pay while living in the richest country on the planet. So I think is a little hypocritical that some here are pointing fingers. With all due respect

Now to the point. Kingsize, the international market is getting pretty tight due to the latest downturn of the US industry since we are the largest producers of pilots in the world, all the contract agencies are getting swamped with resumes right now, so your odds are getting slimmer by the minute. You need to start applying everywhere you meet minimums and see what sticks. Go to the PARC, HACS, WASINC, RISHWORTH, IAC GLOBAL and look for the Job opportunities links in those web sites. Look for the next AIRINC job fair and start bugging the hell out of whichever foreign company that shows up (even if you don't think you have a chance) because persistence is the ONLY tool you have against piles of 10,000 hour resumes in all HR departments out there right now.

The best of luck Dude

Dumb,

Very well said...

It is really kind of embarrassing. I know guys from Africa that refuse the same contracts American pilots are jumping for in India and China.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back