Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLOPSouth

"Mach 0.83 or greater"
Just curious is Flex still hiring? What are the current aircraft FO's go into Any gouge info?

Thanks in advance,

Southside

We're hiring like crazy from what I hear. Seems there will be alot going into the 300 since we are getting 13 of them next year.

vrb115 said:
Hey Cosmo How many days off a month do you get? And in a row? Thanks

I'm not Cosmo, but I have the info.

Normal line is to work 17 out of 28 days (so there are 13 bid periods per year)

You can bid down to as low as 14 or as high as 20, but pay is based per day, so you make a lot less if you bid down the days, a lot more if you bid up. Reserve line is paid for 17 but you only work 16 and you know your whole month up front, so it 's not a true reserve line and a pretty decent deal.

You will mostly get a couple of 6/3 or 6/4 rotations and then a 5/3 or 5/4 for the other. Very rarely will you get a 3/? or a 4/? but it's been known to happen.

This bidding is all preference based and seniority doesn't matter. I've known new hires who bid the "right way" get the schedule they always want and 8 year guys who never get what they want, so this is good for a new hires.

You do get home reserve on your starting day 25%-75% of the time during the slow season. I hear the Challenger guys get this more than the Lear guys.

You get 5 day vacation periods with a guaranteed 4 days off on either side, so every vac is 13 days if not more... Vacation is bid every fall, but you can re-bid to switch your weeks out if need be. Rotations bids get scheduled about 1 month in advance.

Peter_Griffin said:
I'm not Cosmo, but I have the info.

Normal line is to work 17 out of 28 days (so there are 13 bid periods per year)

You can bid down to as low as 14 or as high as 20, but pay is based per day, so you make a lot less if you bid down the days, a lot more if you bid up. Reserve line is paid for 17 but you only work 16 and you know your whole month up front, so it 's not a true reserve line and a pretty decent deal.

Good luck getting anything less than 17 unless its a vacation or training month. Also - only sometimes will you get the reserve schedule in advance. Often you don't know when you're going out until 24 hours in advance.

Times

From what I understand, all of their times are hard due to contractual obligations with the owners.

Simple math: $160.00/day * 219 days = 35K. Overtime varies by fleet but should be an extra $1,000. Obviously if you bid AND are awarded fewer than the normal 17 day line, you will make less.

Year 2: $175.00/day Overtime: $20.00/hour
Year 3: $185.00/day Overtime: $21.88/hour

Just one thing though.. We get paid for 221 days per year...AND, figure about $2000 a year in OT which equates to about $38000. If you want to count your per diem you're up to about $43000...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back