Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyintin

Looking for Corp jobs in Salt Lake City area,

Primarily company names, addresses, websites, etc. Anyinfo that will vector me in the right direction. Thanks

Corp opportunities at SLC

No offense, but why the focus on SLC? The opportunities are very limited at this airport and it is, as always, who you know, and networking over a period of time. I know because I have massaged it better than most over the last three years and fly part time with a corp there. Do you fly the B1900 for Amflight there(referring to A/C type on your profile)?

Just a suggestion, try looking at other markets. Check this site out- www.avcrew.com There are a number of corp positions posted on that site. Also, www.corporatepilot.com, and go to yahoo and type in "Jet Professionals" in the keyword box and go to that site.

Also, if you have aircraft registration numbers or types and locations, try a multiple aircraft registration search at www.landings.com and at the database link. Sometimes you can come up with a single owner of an aircraft and an address in that database. You will find, however, that banks are listed as owners (lienholders) on many corporate aircraft in that database. Also, if the bank is a SLC corporation such as Zions or First Security (now Wells Fargo), you will see many aircraft listed at SLC under those names, BUT, they may or may not be based there.

Good luck.

Your post sounds like you think that you should be the only guy working SLC- that kind of "me, me, me" attitutde will get you in trouble in corporate aviation.

I always had the opposite attitude- I worked hard to help other guys get hired, because they would always be appreciative and would return the favor. Often times in the corporate flying world, the guy who you got the job for will pass along other opportunties o you when he hears of them.

To the guy who is looking in SLC- get your hands on a copy of the NBAA directory, from a corporate friend. It will list aircraft opertaors by home base, in addition to by name, fleet, etc. Use that as a reference, but remember that blind resumes don't usually result in calls.

Call the CP, and introduce yourself, tell him that you are a local pilot lookng for work, and ask if you could "Drop off a resume next time I'm at the airport". Let him know you are available to fill in as SIC if they ever use "Contract Pilots".

If you get brushed off, or if they don't return your calls (they probably won't, until they need you) don't get discouraged, it usually takes a while and some persistence. You will run into some guys like the earlier poster who are insecure about their job and won' t help, but you'll run into people like me who will. Don't forget to talk to the FBO people, the folks behind the counter and working line service usually know what's going on on the field-

Best of luck. Be persistant. Pick up whatever day stuff (contract flying) you can, it'll get you more exposure. Show up early, show some teeth, pitch in and help out where you can, you'll get where you want to be. It has worked for thousands of other pilots.

Now, Ty

Ty Ty Ty,

You have my post all wrong. The last thing I want to do is express a me, me, me attitude. Realize one thing, Ty, that I live in the subject area, and have a VERY GOOD IDEA of what is going on there. I now fly corporate, and have a positive attitude, but I am also realistic about this area. I certainly don't want it all for myself. If Flyintin wants more info on SLC operators, I'd be glad to help out.

I am not attempting to thwart Flyintin from looking and landing a job anywhere, including SLC. If you re-read my post, you will see that I gave Flyintin a resource to look for operators, even in SLC, and that is the landings.com multiple owner registration database.

So Ty, thank you for your kind constructive words.

MTBoy

Thanks Ty and MT boy...

Thank Ty and MT

Appreciate the info. I hit the ramp with my resumes and got to meet some cool people. I will look into your suggestions. Good luck to you both.

MT Boy wrote:-
No offense, but why the focus on SLC? The opportunities are very limited at this airport and it is, as always, who you know, and networking over a period of time. I know because I have massaged it better than most over the last three years and fly part time with a corp there. Do you fly the B1900 for Amflight there(referring to A/C type on your profile)?

Ans:- Home town for one. I believe I can better serve in this town for several reasons. I got furloughed from Mesa.

Thanks again and good luck to you also.

Tin

Glad to help flyintin

Flyintin,

Glad to help out. Sorry that you are on Mesa's furlough list, and that you can return as soon as possible, if that is what you want long term. If you need some specific contacts to at least try, then send me a private message on this board.

My apologies that someone else visiting this board has a problem with my reply and feels he has to make some inferences about my character, rather than just ignore my post and focus on your question. Those who know me find me to be very accomodating.

Maybe I can ask, is Ty Webb this person's handle, or is it his real name? Ty, are you available to reply?

MTBoy

Latest resources

Back