Looking for CFI's with 200+Dual Given

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll live better mowing grass for hire than for $10/hr

Don't fly for $10 per hour#$%## !!!! How much are you "in the hole" from training to the CFI and multi level? $35,000, $45,000, or $50,000 dollars. Ok! and you are going to instruct for $10 per hour. Thats, ridiculous. Unfortunately, this happens at my flight school as well. Management bills me $47 per hour for ground and flt instruction as a student of their academy and they give my instructor 10 dollars of that, because they know he wants a "guaranteed" regional airline interview at the end of three years! Remember "guaranteed interview" doesn't mean you will be hired! Talk about cheap labor. Flight instructors I believe need to stiffen up and realize how much they have invested and think about how much they are really worth. I'd be better off mowing grass, but I won't because thats not my goal. My goal is to become a professional pilot and at the same time I want to be able to buy clothes and food!

Hey Nosehair, I am guessing that you are none other than the Chief Instructor. Guess you must be making at least $12.50 per hour. Why did you leave the FAA?

$10 per hour? No thanks. And might I add, **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** you.

P.S. That part about the FAA was hilarious!

Last edited:
Sorry to say I have to keep a somewhat professional attitude here...

But this is a F@cking joke!
$10/hr? Did you fall out of a tree or something?
Bump your head one too many times on the leading edge?
To teach JAR? I have over 1800 hrs JAR instruction given, my friend I know what students have to pay for this charade.
I bet your CFI's have to be present from 9 am till 6 pm regardless if they have anything scheduled,wear the little suit with the 1,2,3 bar CFI stripes..
I used to work for an outfit like this....management in their little ivory tower and flight instructors a dime a dozen. Complain..? You can go.. we'll find another with 200 hrs dual to take your place.
I work for a good place now....anybody looking for a job with at least semi-decent pay? Look up my post on CFI's in SW Florida in the training forum
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=36772

Regards...

Different strokes for different folks

GregN1979 said:
Don't fly for $10 per hour#$%## !!!! How much are you "in the hole" from training to the CFI and multi level? $35,000, $45,000, or $50,000 dollars. Ok! and you are going to instruct for $10 per hour. Thats, ridiculous. Unfortunately, this happens at my flight school as well. Management bills me $47 per hour for ground and flt instruction as a student of their academy and they give my instructor 10 dollars of that, because they know he wants a "guaranteed" regional airline interview at the end of three years! Remember "guaranteed interview" doesn't mean you will be hired! Talk about cheap labor. Flight instructors I believe need to stiffen up and realize how much they have invested and think about how much they are really worth. I'd be better off mowing grass, but I won't because thats not my goal. My goal is to become a professional pilot and at the same time I want to be able to buy clothes and food!
Granted there are some problems with this place that only pays 10 dollars an hour while charging 47 dollars. All of the instructors at said place all knew exactly what we were doing when we started working there. The instructors are good hard working people. And yes not everybody is hired but many are. And the couple years I spent working for 10 dollars don't really matter too much know since I know I have a job.

Well, I suppose it all depends on the cost of living in the locality. And at second blush, if $10 per hour was my only option, I'd probably do it. Luckily, I do a lot better than that, and I just want it to be known that a CFI can be paid substantially more. There's a chapter in Savy Instructor that you all should read if you haven't already. A few CFIs in this neck of the woods are paid ~$100 per hour.

-Goose

Amen!

One day pilots will realize that they do not have to prostitute themselves out at this rate just to build time.

You are a professional pilot from the time you get your commercial pilots license and have the ability to charge for your services. I can make more than 10 an hour at Mc Donalds.

Ive been there and still didnt do that.

Latest resources

Back