• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for basic Colgan Air information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey beechcowboy, why don't you just bid over to the saab once your seniority can hold it? Their should be openings for the right seat with all the expansion going on, plus it pays an extra dollar per hour. I hear the QOL is better over there.

A letter of warning to colgan new hires: As of late i have had many dreams about my initial new hire training. This is extrememly similar to the movie "Manchurian Candidate". Basically what i have been experiencing is what i saw in that movie. I remember going through training, indoc, beech systems, 9/11 security training and what not. However, i have had dreams that i did things very differently back during that time in mansassas. The dreams sometimes differ, but usually it is the same senerio. It's all the same guys i think i really did train with, however in the dream we are not in manassas, we are actually in washington DC, about 200 feet below the pentagon in various labrinths. We are all hooked up to machines and IV's and what not. Their are a bunch of doctors or something walking around in white coats. D.R. is walking around wearing regular busness casual clothes and wearing a witch doctor mask. Odd i know. We are being told over and over again, and being forced to repeat that we will upgrade faster here, and that we don"t want to sit four years as an FO on an RJ. The whole area smells like smoke and cigarettes, not sure why. In another dream we are all sitting in room watching old clint eastwood and john wayne westerns. Not sure why we are watching cowboy movies, but the doctors say we need to. No one questions why outloud. In another dream we are kept in a cold room for hours at a time. I can remember walking by a classroom full of saab students...they are getting shoulder massages from a massage therapist, and watching espn on tv. Not sure why, or what they were getting preped for. I know this is strange, I grant you that....but this is what i remember. And, as of late...these dreams seem like the reality to me, and that going through indoc, systems, and drug testing was not what we really did. But i am just not sure. My old classmates just give me the cold shoulder when i ask them about this. Keep your eyes open.

We know who you are BRA. We have been watching you and you haven't been taking your medication. Those dreams you've been having are nothing more than that, dreams. Start taking your medication and the dreams will go away. If you are out of happy pills, come see us for a refill (with the usual payroll deduction).

The Colgan Clan

chperplt said:
Were you going into PIT on Thursday afternoon?

me? nope...Was sittin reserve at you know where...I was up in PIT Friday

Beech Cowboy.....Love your Avatar....but u need a photo with the boots...

So maybe not?

So, its not the best place to be, however with only 800 hours you take whatever you can get. Pay your dues, get some time, get the hell on out of there. --On to plan B... and so on...

Parrot_Head_Fly said:
So, its not the best place to be, however with only 800 hours you take whatever you can get. Pay your dues, get some time, get the hell on out of there. --On to plan B... and so on...

Though most don't consider it, don't forget that you can also:
  • find a base where you're not molested
  • fly a lot
  • upgrade in a year or two
  • get 2000 hours PIC in the next three years
  • never fly a regional jet in your life
Nothing against RJs - they are certainly superior to fly in the left seat than 1900s or Saabs - but realize that there are many paths to Boeings and Airbii.

beechcowboy said:
Oh hell no. Don't get me started on those freaks.

Rant all you want, and most would be true, but you obviously haven't been there long enough to know that the man your mocking (or just have photographed) in your avatar is one of the only good people there, in HEF! Too bad you can't get a Colgan family photo of them salivating at the Golden Corral, or Bob Evans, or...etc, buffet lines, witn DN and DR blocking traffic and clearing their dishes when they go back for more, and more, and more,....etc.

Last edited:
Nice avitar Cowboy.. Unless that's you in person, he's going to shove his size 13 boot up your ass if/when he finds you.

OMG there's no way J would write this stuff...right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back