Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for a reasonable tailwheel anywhere...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tchinson

Tchinson
Here's my situation: I have my tailwheel endorsement but need around 20 more hours of tailwheel time for a banner towing job I am interested in. I go to school in Warrensburg, MO, and am looking for a cheap tailwheel I would be able to knock out 20 hours in. We have a Super Cub at the university but it is dual only and would cost $110/hour. Does anyone know of a cheap tailwheel for rent anywhere or an owner that would be willing to make a deal??? Any suggestions or help is appreciated!

Whats your TT and TT - Tailwheel?

I have about 250 total and just got my TW endorsement and have about 5 hours. I of course would be willing to fly with an instructor or the owner until the owner/ opterator is comfortable.

You will find that most places are run by insurance requirements. Since you only have 5 hours of tw time you would most likely be looking at a mandatory of 10 - 15 hours of dual in their airplane until you would be able to solo. Last I checked the cheapest aircraft you could rent would be a 7ECA and those were going for about $85 / hour plus $30 and hour for instructor. So the $110 / hr dual in a Super Cub really isn't that bad. If you only want 20 hours then even if you find something that you could solo in you aren't going to save a whole lot by the time you figure gas to drive to where the plane is.
There just aren't many tw rentals available.
Just my .02.

Latest resources

Back