• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for a job 550TT 200 multi

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TxPilot0878, do you need an internal recommend or can I just fax mine in? I still want to build another 200-400 hrs before even thinking about it.

shortbus driver said:
I am looking for a job that is fulltime with benefits flying...preferably in the midwest, but hey I am not that picky.

I have 550TT with 200 multi 140 in a transport category multi engine turbine.

Thanks,

Shortbus

why are you leaving ACC?

Regionals?

Now at 550 tt one can't be too picky so here are a couple of ideas. First of all the published mins for great lakes is 750 tt and 75 multi. I know you are 200 hours short, but you'll never know if you don't apply. (Check out www.airlinepilotcareers.com for all of the mins and hiring intel)

And as long as you are applying there why not try someplace like Eagle. I know they want 1000 tt, but they also say hours commensurate with experience and you do have transport cat time so why not.

Just a thought.

A buddy of mine was just hired at a regional and he was a little pissey at me b/c of my lack of interest of the regionals. I'd rather fly checks, cargo, etc.. for now and build a lot of multi pic quickly. His response was - Too good for the airlines huh? Then he proceeded to say that he was hoping to get in to ATC!!??

All I know is that I WILL NOT BUY ANY MULTI TIME! (cause I can't afford it:0 )

Building the multi-time is my biggest concern right now. I do not know of how mant FBO outfits will take me on after my contract is up. They'll figure I will leave quickly after I build up some more time and won't give me the time of day. I recently got my MEI and I am just a few short hours of the golden 100 multi. Any suggestions?

Troy,

This is what I get when I send an email to [email protected]:
Return Email said:
Delivery Failure Report
Your document:
was not delivered to:
[email protected]
because:
550 MAILBOX NOT FOUND

What should you do?
You can resend the undeliverable document to the recipients listed above by choosing the Resend button or the Resend command on the Actions menu.
Once you have resent the document you may delete this Delivery Failure Report.
If resending the document is not successful you will receive a new failure report.
Unless you receive other Delivery Failure Reports, the document was successfully delivered to all other recipients.

To:​

[email protected]

cc:​

Date:​

11:56:50 AM Today

Subject:​

I take it you got some thing different, but I have tried to email them a couple of times and to a few different listed emails. No luck.

Any suggestions?

eP.

I think that I got one of those also, but I believe that the email still went through to another account.

Might try all three addresses or call them and advise them that their email addy doesn't work.

mcjohn said:
A buddy of mine was just hired at a regional and he was a little pissey at me b/c of my lack of interest of the regionals. I'd rather fly checks, cargo, etc.. for now and build a lot of multi pic quickly. His response was - Too good for the airlines huh? Then he proceeded to say that he was hoping to get in to ATC!!??

All I know is that I WILL NOT BUY ANY MULTI TIME! (cause I can't afford it:0 )

Here's the problem with that if you are looking to get to a fractional. You can fly all the cargo in the world and fly in barely equipped aircraft (C210, Baron or something like that) but you still won't have whay the fracs want; TURBINE TIME. I spent 3.5 years flight instructing and yes, there's lots you will learn. NO, running around WATCHING students doing steep turns all day will not make you better (at least after a year or so). I have flown single pilot 135 in a baron for 8 months now. I was lucky and got into a local outfit that is a pax and freight hauler. I'm training for upgrade the king air 90 single pilot. I've logged 2100 TT and 600 multi. However, the fracs won't look at me b/c of lack of tubine time (only 65 hours). It will take me at least 6 months to a year of flying the king air to build the needed time (IF we are busy). Add all those years up and see if you like what you come up with.

Now, on the other hand, you low timers (450-800 hours) have a golden opportunity that I didn't have when I was where you are in that you could actually get on with a regional. Even if it's at Great Lakes where you'll only make $16,500 per year, you'll get some very good experience flying around in a lot of IFR in a turbine aircraft WITHOUT an auto pilot. If you go to express jet (who I've heard has hired folks with 600TT) you'll at least build jet time in a safe environment and you can get the jump instead of having to wait another 300-600 hours to meet 135 mins. You could already have 300-600 hours of jet or at least turbine at the regionals and THAT'S what the fracs want.

To address flying checks. As stated earlier, regardless of who you fly for (flight express, airnet, paragon, whoever) you'll do so in aircraft that are barely equipped and will be expected to haul unless there is a hurricane (actually, I flew through part of Rita last year). I'm talking about stuff you would have never thought you'd fly through. Even when I've declined a flight due to weather I still some some guys from those outfits take it b/c their job depends on it. A flight express guy laughed when I asked him about flying at night when the t storms are out. He said that he basically had to go b/c he had been told that there were hundreds of guys out there that could replace him if he didn't want to do it. We've done contracts for just about everyone and trust me, Airnet dispatch doesn't want even hear the words, "there's weather and i'll be delayed....or can't make it" We've lost contracts b/c we've refused to fly in thunderstorms at night. That may sound like fun to some but trust me, the first time your charts end up in the back b/c of turbulence around a thunderstorm, you'll change your tune. However, you will build multi PIC quickly, but not the needed turbine any time soon. If you go to flight express, the ratio of single engine to multi-engine aircraft is uneven. They only have like 15 barons and believe it or not, there are some lifers there that love flying the baron. Upgrade could take a while.

In summation, I don't like the regionals either. I was hired at PSA nearly 2 years ago and decided not to go. I have 2 small children and it just wasn't financially safe to make $21,000 per year. If you don't have a wife or children, the regionals would be a good way to build the NEEDED time for the fracs or corporations. I know a jerk who went to the airlines for only 2 months and got a job in the right seat of a citation with only 1100 hours or so simply b/c he had more than 50 hours of jet. Don't put yourself a couple of years behind if you don't have to. Sorry for the rant and good luck.

Latest resources

Back