• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking for a flight school

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting a loan Part 61 is a little bit harder if you are trying to get through Keybank or similiar loan programs. I use to work at Air Orlando and it is an excellent school. Top notch well maintained planes and great instructors. DCA, and all other academies are overpriced but provide good training. Which you can still get at a local FBO. Sallie Mae is the way to go if you are doing part 61. Like Buffettck said visit DCA on their dime and see what they have to offer. It's good that you have a degree in something non-aviation related, because you always need a back-up plan. I hope this helps.

NW_Pilot said:
Go to your local airport and hook up with a flight instructor don't waste your money on them over priced schools that look good in a magazine they treat you like crap after they get your money!

There are lots of flight instructors. How do you pick one? They all have the "CFI" card but how do you know which one to pick, assuming you dont have a personal recommendation? Older? super young? Male? female? someone with professional experience or someone who just got their CFI ticket a couple weeks ago?

It's hard to say. You can have an instructor who's been there for four years and doesn't know anything or how to teach it. Or you might get someone with a fresh CFI who knows more then the four year guy. The new guy might be on a second career path like you but has loved aviation and flying for a long time. And vice-versa. The only real way to tell is to go up with the instructor or do some ground. You can always change instructors.

I've only had one instructor who I didn't get along with, but I think "some" of it was me ( I was 16 and wasn't really preparing for lessons. I was a dumb kid, now I'm just a dumb adult)

Latest resources

Back