Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RefugePilot

Paperwork Proficient
My wife has taken an upgrade in career and as a result we are moving to San Diego. We will be living in North San Diego County.

I have been sending out my resumes throughout San Diego and Orange Counties and have gotten a little encouragement. What I know from the industry there I have gotten from the Charter Company websites. I also know the Chief Pilots seem very busy nowadays, which is either a good sign or means they have a skeleton crew forcing the CPs to fly all the time.

I currently fly freight and have 4400 TT with 1600 PIC turbine. I have my ATP and am type rated in the Metroliner (that will come in handy won't it).

I would appreciate any information on the following:

What is the current charter hiring environment like there?
What can I expect to be hired as with my experience?
Any suggestions on pursuing jobs with charter companies?
What might the interview, hiring process and pay be like?

Thanks for any help on the industry in Socal you can give me.

Berry Aviation used to (and maybe still does) fly Metro's out of the base there doing Military Charters. Not sure if they still do, but worth investigating. Most of the charter operators are out of CRQ.

Berry Aviation used to (and maybe still does) fly Metro's out of the base there doing Military Charters. Not sure if they still do, but worth investigating. Most of the charter operators are out of CRQ.

Kind of have it as a backup plan. Funny thing is I was offered an FO spot there 6 years ago but could not afford the paycheck(18K). I hear they pay the captains a little better nowadays.

I was hoping to get into a shiny jet. The San Diego operators seem fairly well staffed. I am having better luck in Orange County and am willing to travel there if need be.

Latest resources

Back