• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Looking For a Change of Pace?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there a pay cut to do 8 on, 6 off? I am typed in both Hawker and Beechjet. Would I be considered for BE400 only?

Is the training contract prorated?

Is there a pay cut to do 8 on, 6 off? I am typed in both Hawker and Beechjet. Would I be considered for BE400 only?

Is the training contract prorated?

We're paid a "daily rate" instead of a salary. Since you'd be on the road approximately 13 extra days per year on the 8/6, your yearly pay would be slightly higher than the folks on the 15/13.

As far as aircraft assignment goes, that's based on "Company needs", and to be completely upfront, I have no idea which fleet needs pilots more.

What are your thoughts on corporate pilots wearing cowboy boots in the cockpit?

As a Dallas-born Texan, gotta say that it's always a good time for cowboy boots! We don't have any uniform-Nazis here, in fact I can think of one guy who wears black cowboy boots right now. We've also got a few guys with some facial hair.

Pretty easy going around these parts, when it comes to certain things...

As a Dallas-born Texan, gotta say that it's always a good time for cowboy boots! We don't have any uniform-Nazis here, in fact I can think of one guy who wears black cowboy boots right now. We've also got a few guys with some facial hair.

Pretty easy going around these parts, when it comes to certain things...

But I'd miss out on all that "Delta flair" you know the wings, name tag, hat, ect.
Seriously though, do you get to keep all the hotel points, airline miles, and fuel rewards?

But I'd miss out on all that "Delta flair" you know the wings, name tag, hat, ect.
Seriously though, do you get to keep all the hotel points, airline miles, and fuel rewards?

Yes! Those are some of the extras that we enjoy.

When you go on vacation, you and your family travel as ticketed passengers using your miles to get tickets.

When you get to your travel destination the room is taken care of using the points that you've accumulated.

Need a rental car? Chances are pretty good that's gonna be free, too, using Hertz/National/Enterprise reward points.

Also... At my home, Santa's sleigh is fueled using Atlantic Bucks and Tailwins money from the fuel reward programs.

If you're a single guy, going to the airport to try to jumpseat down to Florida for a party to watch a football game might be a fun adventure of sorts. If you have a family, travelling as ticketed passengers with guaranteed accommodations waiting for you on the other end is the only way to go!

Off to the sim! Recurrent's almost finished!

edit to add: If you like the airline-style wheel cap, you'll be disappointed. We don't do the hat! We DO wear a blazer from November 1 to April 30, though.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back