Looking for 737s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daddysquared

I am looking for someone who wants to acquire 10 737s, either 300 or 400 series and preferably no older than 15 years, for cargo. If you know anyone who could point me in the right direction, please send me a pm. Thanks, all.

It will be tough to find any -300's or 400's. Most of them are still in service. They tend to wear these guys out before they sell them. You can see some in the bone yard at Marana. You can pick up -200 stage III's a lot easier.

Most of the leasing companies aren't too excited about cargo conversions for the -300, yet. I suppose that will change as the short-range market changes.

Last edited:
It will be tough to find any -300's or 400's. Most of them are still in service. They tend to wear these guys out before they sell them. You can see some in the bone yard at Marana. You can pick up -200 stage III's a lot easier.

Most of the leasing companies aren't too excited about cargo conversions for the -300, yet. I suppose that will change as the short-range market changes.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm kinda running into that. Very limited supply.

Isn't SouthWest getting ride of their older 737's? What do they do with the old ones?

Word is FedEx is buying some, if not all.

An article I read stated that KH was having a tough time with their 737-300's, why I can't remember, but I also read an article talking about why the 737-3 was no good for cargo and the 737-4 and up were far superior (wing design, fuselage, etc).

I have also heard so many of Southwests frames are run out and need some sort of mod (ala Hawaiian) to prohibit them from becoming convertibles in flight. So basically most of the 737's coming free are very high time with mx nightmares.

The "mod" is the Lap Seam Joint Inspection. It is a repeat AD. Take a look at a -200 and you will see the thumb sized rivets that are required now.

Ameristar has or had the only 2 cargo 737's in the US operating on a US certificate untill Kitty Hawk started with the 300's. They were 200's. One was retired last year for parts because of the expense of that lap seam joint inspection and the other is going away in Nov for the same reason. It's a great niche in the ad hoc cargo world. Right smack in the middle of the Dc9 and 727.

Latest resources

Back