• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look like an uprising at ALPA is on the horizon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's in the section where the webmaster and his appointees, the moderators, are allowed leeway to manage the board as we see fit, to remove obnoxious or distracting posts that proliferate every single thread, like the AWA/USAirways issue.

I know it's important to all the guys living through it, but the rest of the board doesn't want to read about it.

If you aren't happy with that policy, feel free to email the Webmaster. [email protected].

/mod

If they had a plan other than "Hate ALPA?" I would listen, but until then, they can put one stupid planted post on FI and try to stir the mud.....

Anybody reading this whole thread just got punk'd by these guys.

BILL, you're off target on my post. I have no affiliation with this group. I found the link on the DALPA boards and it drew a lot of attention (it's probably been removed since.) I thought it might stimulate some discussion on FI where anonymous posters are at a bit more liberty to allow their feelings to be known.

As I stated previously, I doubt this group will get off the ground.

I'm not going to say it again. Bringing up the AWA/USAirways battle in ANY thread not SPECIFICALLY about AWA/USAirways issues will NOT be tolerated.

You *WILL* get a FI vacation.

/mod

Thanks Lear. That guy tries to hijack every thread!

BILL, you're off target on my post. I have no affiliation with this group.

As I stated previously, I doubt this group will get off the ground.

Goggles,

No beef with you.....but you are helping out these monkeys. Not snorkeling ALPA kool-aid but I'm happy where we are rather than the alternative.

If the majority of pilots (Delta and UAL) in ALPA want to form a different union because they are unhappy, why don't they just focus their attention on changing the existing union, instead of reinventing the wheel.

I'm going to start a union and call it "MY UNION!"....

It'll be everything I want....
It'll only cost me what I want to pay for dues.......
It will negotiate a contract only I want.......
It will only represent MY needs.........

How Stupid......You people make all these claims as if ALPA has raped your family and burned your house down......

This is a NON-EVENT at Delta....trust me, the spineless clowns won't even populate who they are on their website.....just a lot of hot air and I believe the only people who know of it are on FI. If they had a plan other than "Hate ALPA?" I would listen, but until then, they can put one stupid planted post on FI and try to stir the mud.....

Anybody reading this whole thread just got punk'd by these guys.
Uh, go to APC Mr. ALPA suckup and you will see over 30 pages on the subject in only one day!!! ACL has his finger in the dyke over there.

If the majority of pilots (Delta and UAL) in ALPA want to form a different union because they are unhappy, why don't they just focus their attention on changing the existing union, instead of reinventing the wheel.

Maybe because the Delta and UAL MECs are part of the problem of giving away scope and everything to management and destroying the profession.

The final moment of truth will be if UAL grows some cahones and takes back scope, or gets on their knees and services Tilton again.

Last edited:
Maybe because the Delta and UAL MECs are part of the problem of giving away scope and everything to management and destroying the profession.

The final moment of truth will be if UAL grows some cahones and takes back scope, or gets on their knees and services Tilton again.

How does ALPA get the blame for individual pilots voting collectvely to agree to weaken scope? If the union were DAP or UAP in house unions and the pensions were at stake would pilots have voted no to protect scope simply because they were in house?

What is the dues rate of this Delta in house union?

The representational structure?

Are the NWA pilots on board?

What about international issues?

IFALPA?

ALF-CIO?

ICAO?

Transportation and Trades Dept?

Int'l Transport Workers?

If LM can't keep his own union in order... how can he be expected to run ALPA National?

Because ALPA leadership (Prater) has Completely lost touch with the membership. Why not change it? Cause the "Good Old Boys" have entrenched themselves way too deep. I am a Delta pilot and I am tired of being sold out.

Latest resources

Back