• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Look at the requirements for this job!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I fly the chase plane for the Predator UAV program in El Mirage. Most of the UAV pilots want my position making much less to fly a REAL airplane. If you want to use this as a stepping stone to a real flying job don't even think about it. The airplanes will always be broken and you'll never know when you're going to fly if at all.

This Just In!

Kit Darby announces an RC PILOT SHORTAGE!!!!

oh, and don't forget about the $100 dollar drug test, and the 10 driving records check........

I'm waiting for the follow-on job postings from the TSA to screen UAV ramp workers (no combs on those suckers, either!) and the FAA guy driving around in his company Yugo to ramp check the pilots at their computer station. Is that a part 135 or 91 operation? BFR/medical current? Hmmm...:confused:

Re: This Just In!

Eric said:
Kit Darby announces an RC PILOT SHORTAGE!!!!

No Doubt!!! What with all the retirements of R/C pilots projected in the next 10 years. Not to mention the exponential growth of Regional R/C jobs.

I wonder if codeshare regional R/C ASMs count against the block hour ratios set by mainline R/C PWAs for the wholly-owned regional R/C carriers.

I think those scope limits are predatory in nature. I am forming the RCDC. Please send check or money order made payable to

RCDC

c/o MetroSheriff
P.O. Box 8456
Dallas, TX 71367

***Please no one go on a rant. This is all in good fun.

Last edited:
AZaviator said:
OK, could anyone please explain why you would need an instrument rating to fly an RC Airplane?? Is the job market for RC flyers really this competative?? :rolleyes:

I imagine you need the instrument rating for the plane because you'd be on the ground with a TV screen and a instrument panel infront of you. Instrument pilots are generally better prepared to fly a plane WELL based only on instruments, ignoring any feelings of motion from the inner ear. Since you'd most like be at a ground station that doesn't move they probably want someone who can fly a plane on instruments, alone, without having to rely on what it *feels* like they are doing. Besides, Joe Schmoe pilot isn't likely to have an instrument rating. Doing that also cuts down on the applicants and paperwork as they wouldn't most likely not get the job, anyway.

...wouldn't you need a Commerial Pilots Licence for that? Just Kiddin'! :D

Latest resources

Back